172 Owner Sydney

wolfmeiister

Hi All,

Am new to the forum. I bought a silver 172 in May from a dealer on Parramatta Rd. At the time, I was considering a Pug 206 GTI of which I drove a couple but was unimpressed. My 172 was the first one I drove, and I bought it on the spot! It had 50K on the clock and was in immaculate condition - even had the new car smell!

So far I am 100% satisfied with the beastie, and it has run like clockwork. My girlfriend has had a couple of starting issues, but I'm mystified as to how she's achieved this - they haven't happened for me. I am racking up quite a few K's on the M5 each day, and am very impressed by the fuel economy I am getting. It is easily the best car I have owned so far!

I am a fairly hands-on car owner, so it's great to have a forum like this to disseminate information about the vehicle. Also great to have like minded enthusiasts to converse with. Looking forward to chatting with many of you - give me a headlight flash/wave if you see me out and about! I am currently living in the Rockdale area..

\\/\//olfie

Welcome Wolfie...

You wouldn't happen to be the Silver 172 I spotted in Paddo then followed (not on purpose) to Double Bay a few weeks ago?

Either way, Welcome to the forum! I'm sure you will enjoy the car.

If you are keen for a drive - check the Social section. Drive Day is on December 9th.

Steven

Welcome Wolf!!

Great to see you love the beastie as much as we all do 8)

Have fun with her. She's a good lass :wink:

Alex

Welcome Wolfie...

You wouldn't happen to be the Silver 172 I spotted in Paddo then followed (not on purpose) to Double Bay a few weeks ago?

If you are keen for a drive - check the Social section. Drive Day is on December 9th.

Steven

Hmmm Steven, probly not... Have been around paddo of late, but not to double bay... Car has VERY dark tints BTW, and is totally stock.

Interestingly, my car doesn't have the "Renault Sport" logo on the back hatch. I have seen a couple of other silver RSC's the same - anyone know why this is??

Thanks for all the warm welcomes guys!!

\\/\///

Welcome Wolfie...

Steven

Hmmm Steven, probly not... Have been around paddo of late, but not to double bay... Car has VERY dark tints BTW, and is totally stock.

Interestingly, my car doesn't have the "Renault Sport" logo on the back hatch. I have seen a couple of other silver RSC's the same - anyone know why this is??

Thanks for all the warm welcomes guys!!

\\/\///

Hey Wolfie,

Oh - I thought it may have been the guy I carded 3 weeks ago (as he is I think from your area).

Either way, welcome to the forum!

I'm assuming it was either badged or that the owner wanted the 'RenaultSport' removed from the back of it. Or, factory error (though no one has reported this before).

Hope to see you and your car on Dec 9th then.

Cheers,

Steve

G'day Wolfie.

I spend a bit of time on the M5 as well. I am in a yellow R26 Megane. Give me a flash/toot if you spot me and I will do likewise. There seems to be a real absence of Renault Sports on the M5 so good to have you there.

Andrew,

Will do!

Are you heading east or west in the mornings?? Me, I'm heading west (hence my good fuel economy..). The poor buggers heading the other way, on the carpark that is the M5 east in the mornings!!!!! Some nice cars heading that way too - must be frustrating to be driving a kick-ass HSV and only able to do 15Km/hr... :?

\\/\///

G'day Wolfie.

I spend a bit of time on the M5 as well. I am in a yellow R26 Megane. Give me a flash/toot if you spot me and I will do likewise. There seems to be a real absence of Renault Sports on the M5 so good to have you there.

Andrew,

Will do!

Are you heading east or west in the mornings?? Me, I'm heading west (hence my good fuel economy..). The poor buggers heading the other way, on the carpark that is the M5 east in the mornings!!!!! Some nice cars heading that way too - must be frustrating to be driving a kick-ass HSV and only able to do 15Km/hr... :?

I am going west as well. Traffic still sux a bit when I go.

\\/\///