New Clio Owner Syd

Davie182

G'day everyone! I've been following this forum for a while now waiting and waiting to buy a RSC. Well i can gladly say i pick up my Silver 182 Cup this afternoon from its old home near the Blue Mountains. The owner was a lady in her late 30s who let me know about this site, i don't think she ever joined though.

The car seems to be in perfect condition and was purchased late 2005. From the test drive i had it's gonna be one hell of a fun car to drive!! :D

Welcome Davie!

I noticed your name in the 'memberlist' as a new member and was waiting for the intro.

What did you upgrade from?

Looking forward to spotting you about :wink:

Steve

Welcome mate,

Enjoy the car, silver is a good colour :wink:.

So, will this clio join the elite Inner West tribe? Cheers,

-Danny

Welcome,I spotter a girl in the city in a 225 today and tried to wave but she looked angry and bored :)

So many lurkers out there I wonder how many are of the gentle persuasion 8)

Anyway enjoy the car and the forum!

Welcome mate!

Looks like you picked up a good 'un. How long she gonna stay without charcoal stripes :twisted:

Where abouts in Sydney are you from? If you're free on Dec 9 we're having a drive day so check out the social events section

Enjoy your new toy :wink:

Alex

Thanks guys! So far the little rocket has been great! i can't believe how well it handles round corners and the amount of 'fun factor' experienced behind the wheel (being responsible of course) In response to some of the questions:

I "upgraded" from a white golf gti - had it for 10 months and was sick of the tank! too big, too slugish for me, too hard to keep clean with lots of flaws in the paint job, and i felt like i needed a family in the back to make it practicle.

I didn't know there was an elite inner west tribe? lol if so i would like to know their clolours before i join (ie what colour head bands or crotch protectors they wear)

Stripes? i have seen one silver one like mine round Victoria road in the mornings with stripes...haven't made up my mind yet...makes it look alot sportier without being tacky though.

Drive days sound fun - i've read some of the social section, seems like syd has their "click"happening, might have to come along sometime.

Cheers for a very welcoming welcome everyone, i'm so glad i made the purchase and hope to see a few of you round on the roads.

Davie182,

Wow, great work on the upgrade! I'll be sure to let Mario (from my work - also was on this forum) know, as he went from the 172 into the Golf GTI :wink:

Sure is an inner west tribe going! I could count at least 20 members I think from the IW area. Or more. I'm the one with the French Racing Blue head band though. White lines through it too.

You must be spotted Trucksta on the way to work then! Surprised I haven't seen you (althought I'm on Vic Rd at almost 9am).

I'll keep my eyes (and ears) peeled for you

Thanks guys! So far the little rocket has been great! i can't believe how well it handles round corners and the amount of 'fun factor' experienced behind the wheel (being responsible of course) In response to some of the questions:

I "upgraded" from a white golf gti - had it for 10 months and was sick of the tank! too big, too slugish for me, too hard to keep clean with lots of flaws in the paint job, and i felt like i needed a family in the back to make it practicle.

I didn't know there was an elite inner west tribe? lol if so i would like to know their clolours before i join (ie what colour head bands or crotch protectors they wear)

Stripes? i have seen one silver one like mine round Victoria road in the mornings with stripes...haven't made up my mind yet...makes it look alot sportier without being tacky though.

Drive days sound fun - i've read some of the social section, seems like syd has their "click"happening, might have to come along sometime.

Cheers for a very welcoming welcome everyone, i'm so glad i made the purchase and hope to see a few of you round on the roads.

Yes Davie, as Teki has said there are stacks of us around the Inner West 8)

You should venture into Balmain one day and you are bound to spot at least 1 of the 3 Arctic Blue 182 Cups, 2 w/ EVO stickers on the back & you'll hear me before you see me :wink: most likely Teki in his FRB w/ stripes will be there too plus there are always a few 172s floating around. Recently a BO 182 has moved into the area and has been seen on the main street & the odd R26 and 225s cruise through too :mrgreen: