Hello

geoff45

Welcome dude!

I know a lot of ppl who will be jealous of the Toro red 225 CUP!!

Enjoy 8)

Alex

Welcome aboard mate!

Nice to see another "graduate" 8)

How are you finding the transition?

The Brissie crew is steadily growing in numbers which is great to see.

(Hope to see the new owner of your last car join us too eventually!)

Cheers, Dish.

Peche, Is yours a cup?

Anyways, Hey mate, welcome, Toro red 225 cup sounds just MINT.

Enjoy!

Thanks for the welcome folks!

Why did I go from the Clio to the Megane? Not got a good answer for that one actually - have always liked the unique look of the Megane but the Clio seemed the better car when I got my first Renault back in 2004. In fact I like "odd shaped" Renaults as I had a Renault 12 whilst studying years (many years in fact) ago and really liked it cause it was a bit quirky and unusual. My Clio had 80000K on it and it felt the right time to trade it and I wanted another Renault Sport and the Megane 225 Cup or F1 were really getting some better reviews...So there you go. I really liked the toro red one, it was a demonstrator at the Renault dealer at Windsor, and they did a good deal for me too. So that is the long and the short of it.

What I like about the Megane is the engine has a wider range in terms of putting power down and is therefore more flexibie. Its also a slightly bigger car with 4 doors which works for me with a number of kids. I think it brakes better, handles just as well - maybe not quite as chuckable but the steering is a bit oversensitive and the ride a fair bit firmer.

But I am pretty happy with the change

Thanks

Geoff

Good to see another long term Renault driver amoungst us :D I have owned a few odd shaped renaults over 24 years and loved them all. They have all served me very well with one (16TS) achieving 'legend status' amoungst my mates for it's longevity, ability to go basically anywhere you want bar hard core wet weather 4wd tracks (sand was it's speciality) & it's ability to swallow enormous amounts of luggage / gear / band equipment / camping gear / mountain bikes etc all in true comfort. The worlds first true hatch back and still more adaptable than most new cars.

Enjoy!

Peche, Is yours a cup?

Anyways, Hey mate, welcome, Toro red 225 cup sounds just MINT.

Enjoy!

Danny Danny Danny... I thought you KNEW your Renaultsports... :wink:

In Peche's avatar you can clearly see the 3dr Megane side-rear window & the silver 17" wheels...

The only Cups Australia ever received were 5-door with 18" wheels 8) (apart from the 2 3dr F1 editions in blue, black and LY)

:mrgreen: