Search feature

Mase

Hello all,

This may well have been covered. I find the search feature a little lumpy to use. I notice that it does not search headings which my logic says would be the primary search feature then followed by content...or am I missing something? I experimented by searching for one of my own posts via title and it showed up approx 30 posts down the list even though the the search query was the exact same text. Most people post the intention of their post in the title and might only make loose ref to it in the body text.

If this is a silly comment just slap me... :)

Hello all,

This may well have been covered. I find the search feature a little lumpy to use. I notice that it does not search headings which my logic says would be the primary search feature then followed by content...or am I missing something? I experimented by searching for one of my own posts via title and it showed up approx 30 posts down the list even though the the search query was the exact same text. Most people post the intention of their post in the title and might only make loose ref to it in the body text.

If this is a silly comment just slap me... :)

I was under the impression that the search engine is case/forum specific.

e.g. if you wanted to do a search on say... Steering wheel thumb grips, you would search in Technical & Car Care, RENAULTsport Clio II and possibly F.A.Q.

As opposed to using the search engine up top.

Frustrating yes :wink:

Edit... I got 3 different results using the above method :?

If you use the quick search at the top it searches both title and body of the thread and every subsection of the site.

IF you use the link "Search" at the top which takes you to another page, it has more advanced search options, such as to search titles only and where to look and even by the poster.