Greetings from Adelaide

E-Man

As you may or may not be aware I purchased Emu’s Black Renault Clio Sport Cup 182.

Me and Joanne picked the car up on an eerie Wednesday night and couldn’t be happier :D .

We had fun trying to get into reverse gear, five minutes later and a quick flick through the manual and we worked it out.

I’m still learning to drive the stick, so if you see a black RCS stalled at the lights be sure to wave or honk :oops: .

See Emu's thread for a picture of the Black and Blood Orange side by side.

Welcome E-Man!

I’m still learning to drive the stick, so if you see a black RCS stalled at the lights be sure to wave or honk :oops: .

Alas, the RS Clio is not perhaps the most friendly car to learn 3-pedal driving in. Fun though!

Hope to catch up in September when I come over for the French car show there.

Hi Phil & Joanne!

Great that you made the move, you'll love it!

Welcome to the forum, great to get another SA member. :)

Look forward to catching up soon. Sue and I will be at Collingrove assuming the weather's OK. Sue won't be too keen on sitting on that hill if it's windy and raining :)

Welcome Phil!!

Good choice on purchasing Emu's car. I have seen it & it is a good 'un 8)

Good luck learning that weird 3rd pedal & flimsy stick-thing in the middle there :mrgreen:

Alex

Welcome Phil! Great to have another SA member. I'm still doing this :hyper: even after a year of owning the car. I simply love it :D Hope you have a similiar experience.

Catch you later on and hopefully come out to one of the social events.

Mase

Welcome Phil and Joanne, you've got a great little car there

I loved it so much I bought another one !

Thanks again for being terrific people to deal with, and I hope to see you on some of our drives etc

Gonz, there's no such thing as a CHEAP RCS

They're nice people, so I let them have it for a nice price, and they were aware it was ready for pads and a 30K service

I'm happy it's in a good home,

Pete

I appreciate your comments Gonz, and much of it is valid...............I know that you are a bit sour about what you got for your lovely car, BUT...........One must realise that the RSC is a small market car in a small price -mean Adelaide market, and most of the time one has to really be patient in order to get the price

You were in a hurry to sell , it appeared, and that can work in the RSC hot market in Sydney, but rarely in Adelaide

I met my buyer through this forum , and we talked for a month, very low key, and when I told him I was about to advertise it, he responded positively

He's a nice guy , I wouldn't have sold it for that price to a prick, ........but at the end of the day, he got a great car, and I was happy with the result

The same would apply with an Alfa or a Citroen, .........you either remain patient, or you push a quick sale for a disappointing price.

Anyway, that's the way I see it, and much of the philosophy applies to my Real Estate practise as well,

good luck , Pete

Dr. Gonzo

By your comments to Emu in this thread it’s obviously that you lied to me when you said that the dealer offered you $26k for your car.

The reason that I didn’t purchase your car (which I told you via PM) is for the following reasons:

Unrealistic price “26k firmâ€

History of the vehicle – hit the find posts button and have a look

2005 year vehicle and warranty period left

Emu contacted me about his car AFTER I had already made my decision not to purchase yours.

In the end Emu and I are happy with the purchase/sale price and I think that’s all that matters.

People who have met Pete befor will agree that his a top bloke that loves his RCS’s.

Hope this thread is not locked because I'd like to say welcome to E-man... hey!!

You posted so it ain't locked :wink:

Clio Sport 2002 - Racingroo Special (Please let me know if my signature is to large)

PS Perhaps you could resize your sig :idea: