Hi everyone this im my 172

claudiofcp

Hi Everyone

Hi im claudio 21 in sydney I've been a fan of clios since ive seen them on the road...

this is my 2002 clio 172

I've put the stripes on my self and if anyone need help just message

i want to get some new wheels asap.. not sure to go 16 or 17 please give some opinions of size and style

thanks look forward to meeting some of u guys!!!!

here is a pic vvvv

a.jpg

Welcome mate!! Your car looks great. +1 for the young 'uns!

Where abouts in Sydney are you? There're a fair few of us around the inner west.

Get along to the next meet which is a Krispy Kreme (KK) run to Mascot on the 8th of June

Cheers,

Alex

Portuguese?? is correct ur either european or into soccer lol...

will try to make it but being 21 and sill on my L's is going to be a lil hard unless i get my P's asap

should be on my blacks lol

a 172 for your Ls??

geez, wish i had one of these for my first car. Got the hang of the clutch yet??

Any more pics of the car? wouldnt mind seeing more of the stripes, ive got a black 172 also.

Youll find theres a couple more portugeuse on this forum , me included.

Anyway, nice car, and hurry up and get your Ps :D

Yeh mate get ya Ps then u can come on Drive Days!! lol

Wow there's a fair few Portugese round these parts ( TeKi!!!)

:mrgreen:

Welcome.

Avoid 17" wheels at all costs, unless you want form over function. I had them on my 172 and didn't realise how bad the ride was until I sold it and got the 182 instead.

I'd suggest 16" if you are set on an upgrade.

Welcome.

Avoid 17" wheels at all costs, unless you want form over function. I had them on my 172 and didn't realise how bad the ride was until I sold it and got the 182 instead.

I'd suggest 16" if you are set on an upgrade.

I second that... I didn't realise until I took my 17" off, I went back to 15". But I'm sure 16" would be a good middle ground.

This could be pulling at strings, but is this Claudio from Canterbury? lol

Either way, welcome to the forum mate!

yeah its claudio from canterbury lol do u know me? or u seen the car in the area?

Hmmmm... really small world! Your family are really into Alfas right?

If so, my cousin Ivo used to live across the road from you :wink:

Also guys, the more I look at Claudio's plates, the more I think that car used to be gate's car. Haven't seen him on here in ages - and neither have I seen his car for ages too. Plates just look way too familar.

yeah its claudio from canterbury lol do u know me? or u seen the car in the area?

Also guys, the more I look at Claudio's plates, the more I think that car used to be gate's car. Haven't seen him on here in ages - and neither have I seen his car for ages too. Plates just look way too familar.

Yeah ivo did live across the road... small world...

which cousin of ivo are you????

Gate's car??? did he live in surry hills thats were it was purchased!

Yeah ivo did live across the road... small world...

which cousin of ivo are you????

Gate's car??? did he live in surry hills thats were it was purchased!

Oh... Steven. Wasn't really my cousin, but lets just say our parents are both close friends.

That's where I know that car from! That was Dave's car. He ended up purchasing a Golf R32. I remember him telling me a Portuguese guy purchased it.

Talk about small world.

Welcome aboard Claudio!

Just wondering about your front seat covers. Do they go all over the seat and cover the sides too? If so they will affect the operation of the side airbags which are fitted in the front seats. So if you are T-boned by another car, you a) won't get the full protection they may be able to offer, and b) it gives your insurance company something else to query in the event of an injury.

Welcome and enjoy your 172.

17s are not as bad as they are painted, but having said that I wouldn't go out and buy them. (mine came as an extra with the car.

Agree with the comment about sticking with the 15s. Remember the bigger the wheels the slower the acceleration. Wide tyres eat torque.

welcome,, love the stripes looks the part..

as for rims stick with 15s, cheaper for the initial outlay and cheaper decent tyres,

That gif is gross dude, but kinda cool in a gross way.

Yeah keep the cash you would've spent on rims and spend them on tyres....your clio will love you for it. Do a search but I think the consensus is Mischilen PP2's or Exaltos.

I also have seat covers and have the same concern. I plan to unstitch them on the side to promote clear rupturing of the seat cover on impact (in fact have been planning to do so for about 14 month...lol).

Welcome mate.

Yeah keep the cash you would've spent on rims and spend them on tyres....your clio will love you for it. Do a search but I think the consensus is Mischilen PP2's or Exaltos.

I also have seat covers and have the same concern. I plan to unstitch them on the side to promote clear rupturing of the seat cover on impact (in fact have been planning to do so for about 14 month...lol).

Welcome mate.

14 months lol... yeah as U and SiFi said better take them out...

with my licence saying "Learner" at the top im going to need all the saftey i can get lol...

thanks for that tip

As for wheels guys ive made my mind up in size they will be 16"

now style here is a few ideas which one do u like

A

mag_31_104_bg.jpg

B

mag_134_203_bg.jpg

C

Cupwheel.jpg

D

1162007123833PM.jpg

they are some ideas

they also come in different colours.... if any 1 has some on their car or similar please post if u dont mind...

thanks again!!!

Depends if you want the aftermarket look... A are nice, B are not, D are ok

C are the 182 Cup wheels which will give you a nice factory look (but will prob be the most expensive)

Why don't you have alook at the gropu buy that is going on in Clio II section

Team Dynamics... they look good

Now I know I'm in the wrong area! I wanna go to Sydney and be part of the crew there!!!! ARRRGH!

Oh and WHAT is with the abundance of Portugese Pepole in Sydney!!! I'd met ONE in my whole life (living in Melbourne) until I met Teki earlier this year, and all of his mates are Porko as well!!

Different Cities, different immigration demographics I guess.

Welcome Claudio, I like ur name, I wish I was called that :lol: , always wanted a really Italian name to match my nationality LOLL!!

Now I know I'm in the wrong area! I wanna go to Sydney and be part of the crew there!!!! ARRRGH!

Oh and WHAT is with the abundance of Portugese Pepole in Sydney!!! I'd met ONE in my whole life (living in Melbourne) until I met Teki earlier this year, and all of his mates are Porko as well!!

Welcome Claudio, I like ur name, I wish I was called that :lol: , always wanted a really Italian name to match my nationality LOLL!!

hi danny like the stripes??? Ur friend damian sold them too me...

Yeah I do, Dame told me about them the whore.

They look as good as mine Claudio :P LOL

Yeah I do, Dame told me about them the whore.

They look as good as mine Claudio :P LOL

I like your stripes Danny :wink:

Hahahah move to Wollongong where I am from and you end up with even more Portuguese people!

Anyways Claudio welcome! and hurry up and get your P's so I can run into more RSC drivers on the roads.