Technical threads going off track/ baiting

murcod

:? Recently there have been a number of threads ruined by people taking it upon themselves to rubbish other members (for whatever reason...) There are posts blatantly baiting other members etc etc. A couple of times I would have thought mods would have stepped in and sorted the individuals out?

Am I the only one who has noticed this? :?

I can see this escalating and ending up like the situation on another Aussie French car forum where people just go around posting crap/ targetting members. I'm hoping we're not heading in that direction.

Agreed... Have some control ppl. If u hav something like that to say to someone, do it by PM so we all don't have to suffer :x

The thread in question didn't get too out of hand so it just makes the person who started it look childish.

Thread? There are at least three recent ones I can think of! The one I think you're referring to was a reaction to first two threads being continually "trashed" and contributing members being rubbished for discussing a subject.

I'm a mod on a 4WD forum and I just delete off topic / inflammatory / fishing posts without warning. It was decided by the Admins that to keep the forum relevant that was the best course of action. A bit heavy handed, but it works! :lol: People also get warnings and then a "bus ride" for a set time if they persist with anti social behaviour.

I was reffering to the MX5 thread that was started with no real purpose other than a personal attack. It didn't go anywhere in the end so I haven't locked it as yet.

Everyone has a different style of admin/moderating and I like the fact that this place isn't a police state. If you want action taken about something you're not happy about just PM me and I'll make a decision or discuss with the other admins and get back to you.

Everyone has a different style of admin/moderating and I like the fact that this place isn't a police state. If you want action taken about something you're not happy about just PM me and I'll make a decision or discuss with the other admins and get back to you.

Agreed.

But of course if your peeved about someone, or something, thats been said, you can PM any of the admins and if deemed

appropriate they will take action. We do try and let things take their course as usually people apologise or just forget

what they wrote and move on. Text is also highly impersonal and its easy to take offense if someone has used harsh sounding

words without good use of our emoticon friends :D

Still, all complaints are given a fair hearing and the admins do discuss these between ourselves, so don't feel alone if you feel offended

as we are there for a reason.

cheers, :D

I actually like the threads were 2 or more members go @ it.

:lol:

Usually its very childish & imature & most recently very bitchy :oops: ....I think its kinda like watching 2 girls fight I dont know why but I have to watch & yell out something totally useless :mrgreen:

Oh yeah use more emotions :roll:

:nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod:

:? Recently there have been a number of threads ruined by people taking it upon themselves to rubbish other members (for whatever reason...) There are posts blatantly baiting other members etc etc. A couple of times I would have thought mods would have stepped in and sorted the individuals out?

Am I the only one who has noticed this? :?

I can see this escalating and ending up like the situation on another Aussie French car forum where people just go around posting crap/ targetting members. I'm hoping we're not heading in that direction.

Give it a rest.....

Yep, I think that we should all take a sleepy pill and rest up. Enough said on this one, perhaps :idea:

Thanks murcod - above taken from the 182 Development Thread. I think we're onto it :wink: