Newbie - Megane R.S. 275 Trophy

thrtytwo

ScreenShot2022-06-12at10_01_00pm.thumb.png.9cb6e216494b7cc6137fca289d013a6b.png

Hi all, I have had my 275 (No. 815/1000) for just over a year now and I love it. I've owned a couple of "performance" cars over the years and this is by far the best drivers car I've owned in stock form. The first time I pushed it through some corners I was so surprised at the way it felt, as though it had infinite turn in.

Have previously owned a Nissan skyline R32 Gts-t, which I really wish I had held onto now.

1934329_46027775127_9249_n.jpg.9d369b8e7c69bf2f9b3ec7e7fe5eb75c.jpg

And a Focus XR5 / ST, which was a good car too, I still think that Volvo 5 pot might be one of the best sounding engines ever.

291360_10151982198385128_351133612_o.jpg.927eb7fc8113a637059c9eca5658cb67.jpg

Both of those cars were mildly modded (Intercooler, intake, exhaust, wheels, exterior cosmetics, interior upgrades etc) but I've kept the Meg stock so far as the 275 trim really has so much to offer already.

I have some plans to start modding the Megane slightly but I don't want to go too far with this one given it's limited edition, everything will be reversible and mostly just small enhancements, starting with Apple car play as it seems Renault and bluetooth music aren't well known for being very compatible 😂

I'm in Perth so if you have any recommendations for tuners, mechanics, parts shops please let me know :)

Also it seems as though this forum may not be THAT active anymore? If there is a more active community on anther forum or even Facebook or elsewhere I'd love to know, cheers.

• Like 2

Welcome mate!

I think you'll find it's relatively active here, unless you are looking for social drives every other weekend I guess.

In terms of experienced advice, long term, multi vehicle ownership, I suspect you'll be hard pressed to find anything that comes close.

Love a white Trophy!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Matt205 said:

Welcome mate!

I think you'll find it's relatively active here, unless you are looking for social drives every other weekend I guess.

In terms of experienced advice, long term, multi vehicle ownership, I suspect you'll be hard pressed to find anything that comes close.

Love a white Trophy!

Thanks for the reply, having had a quick browse through all of the sections I can see there is a lot of knowledge and experience!

44 minutes ago, chuckovski said:

Welcome!

Yeah this place is where the most experience and best advice lives. Bookface will be active but with a lot of crap.

Not a huge amount of social stuff here unfortunately as Matt said.

Thanks mate, that suits me, I'm not too interested on risking my license on cruises anymore, perhaps an occasional cars and coffee or something 😂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lachlan8 said:

Welcome mate, you've come to the right place :) pleplenty of knowledge and experience here (none of which I add to)

hahaha I'm probably in the same boat, thanks for the welcome mate :)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Skip808 said:

Few of us here in W.A, quite often are down at UWA coffee and cars, 

French & Fantastic Automobile Club - Western Australia is a good local page

Awesome! I'll definitely make it down at some point, thanks for the heads up.