Joining you all from Adelaide...

Qubic

Well, although I am only a recent convert, I hope to contribute where I can.

I don't yet have an RSC, but am actively looking for one, then the Commodore's out the door!

Thanks to those of you who've made me welcome so far. I'm sure I'll be asking lots of questions over the coming months.

Cheers,

Hope you enjoy the site and i think the SA boys will be happy to have another RSC member in their midst :mrgreen:

Yes, one less Commodore driver in SA won't be missed! :lol:

I was actually surprised yesterday when we had 7 RSC's turn up to our meeting. Pity there weren't any RS Megane owners...

Thanks Guys, you're most kind.

I tend to agree with the Commodore comments! :)

The Commodore is our family car for the time being, but my wife Sue is happy to lose it and for me to get an RSC if she can get a recent model Corolla or something, so that's what we're doing.

She's an 'auto-only' driver. She was quite happy to get a Clio 1.4 auto (becasue she likes the look of them), but Jamie suggested that maybe a French auto might not be such a good idea?

Dan, Jamie kindly let me take his car for a run around on Friday.

It sure was impressive. Actually, I got back into the office after and it hit me an hour later - that thought of.."Geez, that was GREAT!"

C.

Jamie- the person who's got two French cars saying NOT to buy one?! :lol:

Do a bit of searching on the Internet and you should be able to establish how good the autos are. I imagine they wouldn't be the quickest car around, but if your wife can live with that then they seem like a good buy to me.

I do know the second series Lagunas had some expensive issues with their auto trans, but the Clio one would be a totally different unit I'd imagine?

Thanks Dave, I will keep doing my research.

Maybe Jamie was speaking from the perspective of a 'purist' :wink: ...I'll chat with him again at work tomorrow.

I'm kind of keen on the idea of getting her a Clio. I think are much nicer looking that a Corolla!

C.

I think you need to keep in mind when you buy one that they are not a Japanese car and therefore don't have Japanese build quality. Expect little things to go wrong and RATTLES in the interior trim :( .

It will however be a lot nicer car than a Corolla to drive; and it's nice to have a car that's a bit different. I believe even the base model Clios are fairly well equipped for safety gear too? Just remember they are a lot smaller than a Corolla.

PS: Having said all that I've been pleasantly surprised with how well mine is built, it even compares well to my wife's 2005 Mazda 6 (apart from interior trim fit and rattles...)

Hey David.

It's an '04 172. Found it on CarSales first up, but have been corresponding with the guy for a week.

It has 85K on the clock, and as a result was resonably priced ($18900).

The owner has had it from new, and does all the k's on the highway between his place near the airport to Geelong (90Km each way he said). I spoke to the Renault dealer who he has service it and they were very positive. He was still on the original tyres this week, and has just fitted new ones at my request!

It's Monaco Blue, all original except for window tint.

:)

Thank you all.

It all turned out very nicely. I now have a car and have driven it back to Adelaide from Melbourne.

Incidentally, the wine bottle holders in the back fit a Farmers Union Iced Coffee perfectly. It doesn't get any better than that!

Thank you all.

It all turned out very nicely. I now have a car and have driven it back to Adelaide from Melbourne.

So how was the drive Chris? Happy with her?

AT least driving back would have given u a great chance to get to know her and any issues with the car... hows yr back? :wink:

Actually Dan, it was breeze. I was very impressed with the comfort of the seats. It must be a driving position that suits me!

I did have the opportunity to open her up a bit.... :)

I ended up getting the Toyo Proxes 4's on it, and I don't mind them at all. After the first couple of hundred kms, the waxiness had worn off, and I felt they were reasonably grippy. I need some nice winding roads now to test them properly!

Hi Chris - glad to hear it all went well...the funny thing is I think I saw u this morning taking a test run. You were turning off McIntyre Rd onto Milne and then around a round about up Kelly Rd. I was at the lights and ws just thinking about you...and then...there you were! (maybe :D ) The car was Monaco Blue and looked great so must be you! Did you see me...I should of chased you down to see if it was you but I was on the way to mother-in-laws to put up a vege patch fence and mow da lawns.

Can't wait to see it. Happy to drop by your joint whenever or wait till work.

Cheers,

Jamie

Us...!!! :D and you from Sydney!!! :D Who holds the annual namby parade? :D

Nup I work with Chris and due to that reason...and that reason only...oh no there's another...I was near his suburb and I knew he got gis car yesterday from Melb...

...and who's got the 225 which is refered to often as having 'a big a***' or a 'weird a***'...it's not me with the a*** fixation! :D

I think it was more so that great minds think alike hence we're in the same location

Cheers Brendon

Mase

Hi Qubic,

Up for a drive / meet / coffee this weekend in the hills? You've gotta stretch her legs a little and get a vibe for the car. We usually meet up at a pre arrange location, go for a bit of a cruise and stop for coffee and a general chin wag. Usually only a couple of hrs all told in the morning from 900ish. It's good for your soul :D

What do you think? Sat or Sunday am....perhaps get a few others along if anyone is available? Nothing huge, just a social thing.

Mase

If you're good for Sunday then so am I :D . I'll have a word to Dan and see if he is up for it as well...one more outing before Cristmas. Did you know MS was thinking about getting one too a while back...he got a Rav 4 instead. Phew!

How bout you murcod? Sunday morning say 900ish some where?

If we get 4 I might as well post in the Social Pages and see if we can't rouse some more interest. Once the other guys chime in we'll agree on a location to meet.

Mase

Chris, here's a link to those indicator globes I've got that you were interested in: http://www.osram.com/products/automotiv ... iadem.html

Here's a thread with some info on them too : http://www.ozrenaultsport.com/forum/vie ... php?t=4126

You can get Narva Phantoms (cheapest, but still looked very amber to me?), Philips Silvervision (more silver than the others) or the Osram Diadems like mine which have the bluey tinge to them. Mine were from Repco Modbury, but they were the last ones they had- old stock. A guy on Ebay normally sells the Diadems for $19 pr plus postage. :wink: