RSC fan from Newcastle

Simmo

I've been keen on the little Clios for a while now, and am seriously considering getting my a*** in one. I'm from Newcastle and went for a trek down to Waitara to check out the couple they have on sale at the moment. Quite a nice little car to drive. Does anyone here know the history of them? They're on drive.com.au if you wanna check them out... HERE is the one I drove, and ANOTHER they have in stock.

I must say though, I went in with high expectations and was a little dissappointed. I'm hoping the one I drove is a bit of a dud, I'll hopefully be hunting around for one privately for ~$20k with a lot less km on the odo.

I've found a lot of useful info here so far, and hope to become one of you guys properly soon.

Hi Simmo :D

Welcome to ozrs :D

We have another member on here also from NC - Dave - dboy as he is known here :D ........has a megane 225 cup :D

The second car u have a link to with aftermarket rims was owned by Deb, before she traded it for a 182 :D ........that is definietly in better conditon than the one u test drove, as i was at Waitara checking them out a while back :wink:

Good luck with your search, and maybe look in the for sale section on here, as there are usually a few decent ones floating around, you may want to PM wade as he is selling his red 172 and getting another one :wink:

Cheers,

Brendan

Welcome!

The 2nd one was owned by someone on the site, can't remember who but someone will know. I think it looks quite nice with the rims 8) .

Anyway hope you yeild some results there are a few on carsales. If you haven't looked already.

Yeah it looks brilliant with those 17s. I think it has been in a minor accident though, one headlight has been replaced (left looks brand new, right looks aged about right) and the front bar doesn't look like it quite line up right... although that may just be a case of the Frenchies.

I've been hunting around on the regular classifieds for a few weeks now. There are plenty around in Sydney. Just gotta get my act together!

Hi Simmo :D

Thanks for the warm welcome mate.

I guess I chose the wrong one to test! If I had gotten there earlier I would've taken them both for a spin so I at least had something to compare. I felt a bit nervous driving around streets I didn't know on my own too. Not to mention stalling it :oops: and having to push the bastard across an intersection :evil: to roll down a hill and clutch start it... bloody dud battery!

. Not to mention stalling it :oops: and having to push the bastard across an intersection :evil: to roll down a hill and clutch start it... bloody dud battery!

:shock::shock: .........gawd that is a bit of a dud then :lol::lol: .........would have been a funny site though seeing you push the clio across the intersection :lol::lol: ..............there is actually a nice bit of national park road around waitara, dun ask me how to get there :lol: ....has heaps of twistys and really shows you what the car is made of :D ................anyways, good luck with your purchase, and as i said before, maybe try PM'ing wade (user on the forum) as i believe he is selling his red 172 with only about 30000km on the clock :wink:

Cheers,

Brendan

Yeah luckily I saw the humour in it, I'm sure people were laughing at me :(

I forgot to mention the "Sales Executive" (or so it says on his card) Samuel was great, seemed like an honest bloke. Had a quick chat to Miles too, just caught him on the way out.

How does wade feel about charity? I've got a feeling he'll be wanting a tad over my budget, but I'll send a PM his way anyway.

Welcome Simmo, and good luck with your hunt!

You chose the right dealer there, and I'd have to say Deb's car is probably the pic of the two! Not only that, but I do believe Gavin told me they have her spare alloys lying around... Could be wrong.

The front bumper... if it has no chip marks they could have fixed it (aka resprayed it). So, it might just need adjusting.

And Miles is a great mechanic! I'm sure you'll be happy with the Clio, and either way will probably end up servicing it at Waitara too :wink:

Good luck with the hunt, and welcome aboard!

there is actually a nice bit of national park road around waitara, dun ask me how to get there :lol: ....has heaps of twistys and really shows you what the car is made of :D

Brendan225, are you referring to Yanko rd/Commarra parkway that cuts through Lane Cove National Park - south side of Wahroonga? That's the road I went down to test drive the Clio and made me buy the car that very day... That was the defining moment of my purchase.... The heart ruled the head :) ... I had made my mind to get the new Integra Type S when I decided to try one more time to try the Mazda MX-5 again.. I happen to walk past the Renault dealership and was lucky enough to talk to the salesguy ChrisD... Anyway, this bit of road sold the purchase of the Clio ...

The other near one I can think of is the Esplanade which runs parrallel Pennant Hills Rd...It has some twisties... unfortunately both roads cut through residential areas... They're fun to drive even at legal speeds though :)

I'm from Newcastle

Mate, I grew up in Waratah... but now live in Syd...good luck in your RS car hunting... It'll certainly ensure you have a unique performance sleeper, especially in Newcastle... You've gotta try the Bucketts Way drive....Probably see you one day at the Sunday Nobby's Beach doof-doof car parade....