Brembo brakes query

Paul577

Hi everyone,

I'm not actually a Renault owner, but I have a question regarding the Brembo brakes.

I would like to know if the Brembo front brake callipers for a 2014 Renault Megane RS are the same as Brembo front brake callipers for a 2008 Megane R26 sport.  I have spoken to a couple of dealers but cant get an answer.  I would appreciate it if anyone can provide some info.  I am going to fit them to a non Renault vehicle.  The  2008 Megane R26 sport callipers will fit but I can't find any second hand.  One wrecker has some 2014 Renault Megane RS callipers but I don't know if they will fit for what I need.  Alternatively, if anyone has some Brembo 2008 Megane R26 sport callipers they want to sell, I'm interested.

Hi everyone,
I'm not actually a Renault owner, but I have a question regarding the Brembo brakes.
I would like to know if the Brembo front brake callipers for a 2014 Renault Megane RS are the same as Brembo front brake callipers for a 2008 Megane R26 sport.  I have spoken to a couple of dealers but cant get an answer.  I would appreciate it if anyone can provide some info.  I am going to fit them to a non Renault vehicle.  The  2008 Megane R26 sport callipers will fit but I can't find any second hand.  One wrecker has some 2014 Renault Megane RS callipers but I don't know if they will fit for what I need.  Alternatively, if anyone has some Brembo 2008 Megane R26 sport callipers they want to sell, I'm interested.

The Megane brembos from the 2008 model are the same as the Clio 197 and 200 from memory.

There are a couple of people wrecking them on here.

Is it to fit a Honda?

Sent from my Nokia 5.1 Plus using Tapatalk

• Like 1

No, the 2014 Meg RS brembos are not the same as the 2008 Meg RS brembos. Not sure there is a difference between the R26 and normal RS brembos but I don't think so.

What those differences are besides looking different I'm not sure.

As said above, the 2008 Meg RS brembos are the same as the Clio 3 RS brembos, maybe you could find a pair of those.

Edited by dn2blue

I can confirm they are indeed different. The later model megane brembos have larger pistons than the earlier models. They have the exact same bolt spacing so can be mounted interchangeably, however the later models are slightly wider and thus you will need more wheel offset to avoid wheel contact to inner rim. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Paul577 said:

Hi everyone,

I will have a pair of Brembo for sale from a 2009 Clio 197 R27 if interested.

Confirming 197 = meg 225 = R26 (colours vary) so grab the 197 calipers.

Meg 3 (which the 2014 would be) are different. I am pretty sure the caliper centre to mounting bolt offset is different so not perfectly interchangeable over the same disc.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi, I contacted Jimmy regarding his brakes and we thought what I was chasing was different to what I Jimmy was selling.  I was traveling for some weeks and on my return I was able to contact a friend to confirm what brake calipers that I need and I can confirm that I am chasing some 2008 Megane R26 sport calipers (as stated above, Confirming 197 = meg 225 = R26 (colours vary).  Please let me know if you have any calipers for sale or know anyone who has any for sale, as unfortunately while I was away/doing my research Jimmy sold his calipers.  Thanks in advance.