New to Renault

WillLav

Hey,

I'm new to Renault and I am looking for a Clio RS Cup or Trophy. At the moment I am looking at the "Cup Premium", "Cup", and "Trophy" and noticed the Trophy is the superior car when comparing specifications, however, noticed the Cup Premium is cheaper than the Cup.

Could someone explain the differences to me? And perhaps provide a recommendation in priority? Or another vehicle?

Cheers, Will.

• Like 1

Hi Will, welcome!
I'm presuming this is the Clio IV?
If so I'd recommend just posting up links to vehicles you're interested in, and we can comment on them. Problem is cars are often misadvertised and we can have a good guess at what the model actually is.
Also at one point there was a sport trophy and cup trophy which then were renamed as sport premium and cup premium, and then came the trophy 220. So it's pretty confusing.
Also are you looking at phase I or phase II?

4 hours ago, chuckovski said:

Hi Will, welcome!
I'm presuming this is the Clio IV?
If so I'd recommend just posting up links to vehicles you're interested in, and we can comment on them. Problem is cars are often misadvertised and we can have a good guess at what the model actually is.
Also at one point there was a sport trophy and cup trophy which then were renamed as sport premium and cup premium, and then came the trophy 220. So it's pretty confusing.
Also are you looking at phase I or phase II?

Hey Chuck,

To be specific, I am looking at the following models:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2017-Renault-Clio-RS-220-Trophy-Auto/SSE-AD-6081775

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2017-Renault-Clio-RS-200-Cup-Auto/SSE-AD-6466378

I also understand the Clio RS Sport is within the same range, however, coming off the back of a MK VI Golf R it may not cut the mustard as the two above would. Here to be proven wrong though.

Will.

Bru I love VW, I’ve had 3. I now have a Clio R27 and I can tell you these are great cars full of character and if you like auto then I think that Liqiud yellow Clio would be great. They are quick and fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Trophy is a bargain, maybe too cheap. 

They are Ph2 models, so there is no longer a "Premium" Cup or Sport

The Trophy has lower suspension and 20 more Horses, and should cost more than the Cup

Ph1 there were 5 versions (not counting any limited editions) Sport, Cup and then Trophy 

As you go up the suspension gets lower and firmer, The Sport had 17"  Silver wheels, Cup/Trophy had 18" Black wheels and red callipers. Trophy got 20 more horses

The Sport and Cup were also available as "Premium" versions with a better head unit (R-Link) and Leather seats. (Trophy always included this option)

in 2016 Ph2 models arrived and they all had the upgraded Head unit so they dropped the "Premium" option and so there were then only 3 models

PH1 models: Sport, Cup, Sport Premium, Cup Premium, Trophy

PH2 Models: Sport, Cup, Trophy

Edited by Deet
  • Like 1

Well phase II I thought were the ones with the updated led DRLs and great headlights. I.e. this https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2017-Renault-Clio-RS-200-Cup-Auto/SSE-AD-6577008

Regardless, I agree with deet that 220 is amazing value (suspiciously good) particularly with all the crappy piping replaced (though the intercooler, if it's not tuned... Bit odd). The number of photos represent someone who loves their car! Still would get a PPI.

The cup is great and also a great price. But it's not the premium. I'd personally prefer cloth over leather but the premium has the other goodies.

As for sport: it's just the suspension, wheel size, and brake caliper colour. It's very very comfy. I would suggest driving both. Can't see why the sport would disappoint just based on that. But if you're up for a stiffer ride, avoid.

That trophy is one of 2 in Queensland that are written of vehicles, hence the price.
Scan down through the ad and you'll see it listed.
I'm guessing the floods that went through there last year.

If you're not planning to comprehensively insure it, and want to take the risk, go for it.
Otherwise, go for the liquid yellow.
I'd aim for a phase 2 though at that budget.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That trophy is one of 2 in Queensland that are written of vehicles, hence the price.
Scan down through the ad and you'll see it listed.
I'm guessing the floods that went through there last year.

If you're not planning to comprehensively insure it, and want to take the risk, go for it.
Otherwise, go for the liquid yellow.
I'd aim for a phase 2 though at that budget.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I didn't even see that option in carsales! There you go...