The Story Begins with being Carded by Teki04

J A M I E

Heya,

So it's true, I'm a new guy... have had my clio sport for about 3 months now and to be completely honestly I cannot fault it yet! I'm a bit car crazy and in the past 5 years I've had Peugeot 306s, 206s, 307s and more recently found myself behind the wheel of a 2002 wrx with some work done to it followed by earlier this year a nice looking, high revving, PETROL GUZZLING mazda rx8... no bias here because always been a fan of a car to make me smile but would have to say my clio cup on a score basis eats everything else I have owned and driven (within a reasonable price range).

Long story shortened... when I bought my rx8 (you'll love this teki, tell your guy at work) i test drove a few 350z's which was initially what I was after and some evo lancers, alfa 147gta, golf r32s, audi tts, wrx sti's but for me the rx8 had more value... would still own it today if it was so expensive to run (driving soft would get me around 320km out of a full 60litre tank and driving hard....well I'm scarred for life with that one so it's kinda blocked out lol).

Anyway when deciding what to buy this time around I drove golf gtis, polo gtis, mini cooper s, peugeot 206 gti180s, integra types r/s and again I decided for the money the clio was a great package. It has everything, goes harder than hard, handles like one of those ridiculously stupid rides at the easter show that hurt your sides and is cheap to insure, run and own (in comparison to others in the category I guess). Me being originally a peugeot man I tried so many times to justify the gti180s over the top harsh ride and lack of composure on the road because we've all got to admit it does look pretty good. The end story is that I bought my silver 05 clio cup with 20,000kms and some of you may have seen me around sydney areas i've got RJR black rims (thats how I bought it), teki carded me a few weeks back and apologies for the delay I've been kinda busy (lazy)...

Oh and one more thing... never really read a bad word in one single magazine where the writer has bagged the clio 182 cup... thats gotta mean something, they don't give 5 stars to dummies!

Welcome JAMIE, sounds like you’re enjoying the WEE ASSASIN.....

The rims look awesome, if you can post a pic or two that would be great....

Also see the SOCIAL section and see wether you can attend a South Coast run with us guys (and a girl)..... Would be great to meet you and most importantly you will be amazed what the Clio can do.....

Hey Jamie!

About bloody time. I just did some research and realised I carded you on 31st July! Don't tell me work is that busy :P

Anyway, Hope your happy with the K&N. Toiny said it should be to you this week sometime.

Oh, and pics for y'all when I met with Jamie sometime last week.

JAMIEsCar.jpg

Thanks Steven! aka Card Freak!!!

Can't wait for that air filter...

Anyway good to be here guys and gals (I'm sure theres bound to be some smart enough to hoon around in clios!) :lol: , thanks for the welcome!

Looking forward to the next drive day and yeh as for the car comparisons, love chatting about what to buy and what not to bother test driving lol.

Welcome jamie! i saw u a while back on the City West Link & rang Steven & he eventually found you somewhere near the water (i think) !! lol nice wheels too!

Nice one. Welcome Jamie. Like the car/rims, though may I suggest some coilovers so you can drop it a wee-bit? Would really accentuate the aftermarket wheels + the obvious handling gains. I drove a modded rex before too mate, I loved it dearly. The clio is just so unique and has loads of character, it makes driving to work in Sydney traffic quite tolerable. Plus you can't beat its frugality.

Thanks again guys...

Walkie86 yeh he found me on henley marine drive one night... spotted the clio lights in my rear view and thought he was in for a bit of tag only to realise what a champ he is!

Blackie to answer your question I have no idea where the original wheels are... actually bought the car as you see it and was a bit hesitant because of the aftermarket rims but have grown to really really love them! (miss the original tyres though, not that they'd fit- my black rims are 17inch)

Wrexxy I would love some coilovers... what are they worth and what do you recommend??? As for the wrx, dude really miss mine heaps... was an awesome car to drive and I personally never got sick of the boxer sound but I can tell you the local cops really hated me :( Oh and in my opinion those cars are still so excellent if only they weren't so "prostitutionalised" if I may use one of my made up words :D

Thanks again guys...

Walkie86 yeh he found me on henley marine drive one night... spotted the clio lights in my rear view and thought he was in for a bit of tag only to realise what a champ he is!

Blackie to answer your question I have no idea where the original wheels are... actually bought the car as you see it and was a bit hesitant because of the aftermarket rims but have grown to really really love them! (miss the original tyres though, not that they'd fit- my black rims are 17inch)

Wrexxy I would love some coilovers... what are they worth and what do you recommend??? As for the wrx, dude really miss mine heaps... was an awesome car to drive and I personally never got sick of the boxer sound but I can tell you the local cops really hated me :( Oh and in my opinion those cars are still so excellent if only they weren't so "prostitutionalised" if I may use one of my made up words :D

haha... yeah I know what you mean... I had my rex whilst living in California where the cops don't even give a F**K about WRX's.. Sydney is a different story. It just so happens that 75% of the gangsta wannabee wankers in this city also drive WRX's... I don't want to be constantly pulled over or broken into. It's too bad that such bad press has been brought upon such a brilliant car!

As for coilovers I don't have experience with them on the Clio, however I would suggest checking out some UK sites to see what they go for, I believe there's a thread covering this somewhere on this site too. Have had em on a rex though and I think they're worth the $$$. The reason I suggested them over simply getting new springs/shocks is because in Sydney (depending on where you live) you may not want a very low car during the week for driving to work. I swear the Clio would fall straight into some of the potholes I've seen around this city!

Heya Jamie,

Hope you get around to installing that K&N today :wink: Well, you seemed to love the sound in my car, so I'm sure I'll spot you around giving the Clio squirts of the gas!

With regards to springs... I'd probably change the tyres first! Those Falkens are PATHETIC! I had them on the Fiesta, and they were shocking. Can't imagine how bad they'd handle the Clio's torque.

Good luck with it mate!

Spot ya around.

Steven