Another Newbie

Cumbo

Hi All

Another Megane Sport 225 Cup newbie here thanks to the eagle eye of Dom who spotted my car in a carpark and left the website info.

I live in Gosford and drive up the F3 freeway everyday to East Maitland so have clocked up just on 40,000k since last November when

I purchased the car new from Waitara, Sydney.

Am really pleased with the car after a bit of a stutter in the beginning when I found two oil leaks in the engine prior to the 10,000k service,

one minor the other a little more serious. However, the leaks were fixed promptly by my Renault mechanic in Georgetown, Newcastle (one leak

included the replacement of the timing belt plus tensioners, seals etc.) and has been fine since.

I must admit I'm a little worried about getting a flat tyre on the 18" wheels and am also keen to get a spare. Dboy, if you are still thinking

of getting rid of your wheels, add me to the list of the others who are also looking for a spare.

By the way, I was originally told by the Sydney dealer that the 18" Cup wheel will not fit in the wheel well. I have since heard to the contrary

that in fact it does fit. Can anyone else confirm that it fits ?

I have not had a problem with an engine mount yet but will ask the mechanic to check it out at the next service.

Cheers

Cumbo

Welcome Cumbo!

It'll be interesting to see if u add to the Sightings section in your area!!

Is ur Cup techno grey or orange?

Cheers,

Alex

Yes, what a great site, thanks for the welcome guys.

My 225 Cup is Techno grey, it's a pity we don't have the same colors they can get in France.

I have only ever sighted one other 225 Cup in my travels on the F3 Freeway. It was black

and had NSW number plates.

Cheers

Cumbo

Hey Cumbo .... nice to see you made it here .... Welcome again.

Keep a look out for the Megane drive day coming soon.

That car you saw on the F3 must have been a std car, or a new phase 2, our model only came in your colour or my blood oragne.

Enjoy the forum .... :wink:

Keep a look out for the Megane drive day coming soon.

We have a meggy drive day coming up? :P When?

oh and cumbo, i just had a similar problem to you regarding the engine leaking oil............mine was just two screws that needed to be resealed......luckly nothing major...i hope :lol:

OPZ. And I just snobbed Cumbo.

WELCOME!

Glad to see another Megane owner on the forum.

If only you were hear earlier... My mate wanted a Renault (thought about it) but was worried about living in Newcastle. Seems the Renault authorised service centre is good up there! Oh well, Polo GTI it was!

But yes, welcome to the forum! Finally a Megane owner that hasn't snobbed us (first Megane owner to make it on here through a carding?)

Cheers,

Steven