Hi Guys I'm finnaly in my dream Car

scd

Hey all, im finally the owner of my orignal dream hot hatch the 182 cup after 6 months of debate, between the xr5, golf and mazda. After returning to the renault dealer a number of times and finding myself driving out of my way so i could just drive past the dealer and have a look at the cup :P it was a sign i had to have it, im the happiest i've ever been on the road :mrgreen: . I live on the Gold Coast and haven't seen another 182sport on the road in the last 6 months. are there many other owners on the coast?? Can't wait to see what adventures the future has to offer white knuckeled in the drivers seat of my very own cup :twisted: . Any ways hope to become an active member of the oz renault sport group and can see me jumping at any group cruises or track meets. Cheers guys and great site...... :D

Hey scd, we ....finally.... have another Gold Coaster on the forum!! About bloody time! :mrgreen: I've seen a few 182/ 182 Cup & 172's around but very rarely to be honest.

So, which colour did you end up getting? Last time I went into the GC Renault dealer they had a few French Racing Blue Cups with splitters, hope you got yours if you purchased one of them.

And I'm assuming you bought the car from Cartwright Euro?

Oh and how rude of me, welcome to the forum :)

Hi RSC172, Yeah i brought one of the French Racing Blue Cups with the splitter from Cartwright Euro, I dealt with Dean he was really good and helpful he just started laughing at me when i was in there like once a week just looking at the car, until i phoned one saturday afternoon and finnaly commited.

Well i guess its kinda good there aren't many 182's 172's on the coast just make them that much more special.....

Well hope to c ya around and if ur ever plan a drive up tamborine or any of the other drivers roads out the back of the coast for that matter keep me in the loop.

Cheers guys.......

Good work, hope they gave you a good deal on the car, I've only dealt with the service part of the dealership so far and they've been really great.

Haven't been for a spirited drive in my car in a while actually which is quiet a shame, I've just been so damn busy. We were trying to organise another QLD drive day but it never got off the ground. Might be time to look at that thread again.

Lastly, where abouts on the GC are you located? I'm from Varsity Lakes myself :)

Hey scd,

Welcome to the site! Nice to know it was your dream car! It was mine also....

So what made you chose the Clio over the GTI, XR5T and MPS?

Steven

Steven.... you need to ask?

The size of the smile it generates of course! :mrgreen:

i guess it was the first car review i read that made me want it, the reviews it got in evo magazine and on top gear were unreal. And what you get for your $$ was a big factor but the FUN FUN FUN bit was a huge pull along with the very small numbers you see on the road i mean the xr5 is a ford so im sure there will be large numbers on the road once they get there waiting time down and the golf i see atleast 3-4 a week and in the last 6 monhs i can honestly say i haven't seen another 182 sport.

Hmmmmm, fair enough!

And yes, the value for money, and FUN factor is very high on the Clio. I'm still loving it every time I see the Clio in the drive way....

Yea, the XR5T has ridiculous waiting times, some being told order now, delivery in April! Only 400/year into Australia (if that).

So what car did you come from into the 182 Cup?

Hey mate and welcome to the forum,

I'm from brisbane so its good to have another QLD'er on the roads...I really think its time we should revisit our drive day forum guys...its been to long...

Congrats on the purchase mate and I wont say I hope you enjoy the car because I know you will. I have had mine a few months now and can't get out of it.

Cheers guys am absolutely loving the clio.

My previous car was a 1986 twin cam corolla with a 4age engine in it so the clio is a nice step up in the world a well deserved pat on the back aftr 4 years at uni, well thats the way i see it anyways.