Megane RS pre purchase inspection Canberra

Onrus

Hi guys,

I’ve been reading about the Megane’s and Clio’s on this forum for about one year now and love these cars. I now have the time to go buy a RS and think I want a Megane.

Does anyone know where to get a pre purchase inspection done in Canberra?

Thanks guys. Hope to be driving a RS soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I don't think there are any specialized places in canberra (I'm from there as well. Have 2013 magane cup ±) I'd look up any common things to look out for, make a list and get nrma or a decent workshop to look over it. 

If you go to Sydney to buy, get renotech to look over it. 

It's been a great car for me so far. Had it for about 2 years. 

It's a fairly easy car to service yourself as well as far as general maintenance goes. The cabin filter is a PITA though. 

Also, when buying, Check if the timing belt is due or has been done. It's a pricey service. It's due at 100000kms or 4 years, which ever comes first. 

Thanks Docmattic. Timing belt service was done last year but it is due for a service because of time not Kms. Car seems pretty sweet. Have you heard of European Garage Canberra?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I recommend Dean at European Garage. I’m sure he’s as good as you’ll find locally
  • Like 1