future RSC owner signing on...

maxtwee

Hi All,

I have only been reading the forum for a short while and think its TOPS!

I had an '02 172 cup in the UK from new till my recent return to OZ and now I am suffering serious withdrawal symptoms that a borrowed (cough) Nixxan Pusar :oops: can't cure.

I miss it sooooo much :cry: that I need to get me into one right now! So if anyone in brissy is foolishly parting with one please pass it my way.

keep up the interesting posts.

Roger

I have posted WTB for an RSC. have test driven a couple of 172's already, '01 series 1 and 02 series 2 as well as the new 182 cup. really nice (except for the Renault sales people.)

I'll sleep on them and hope someone comes out of the woodwork with something really interesting.

Roger

I had an '02 172 cup in the UK from new till my recent return to OZ and now I am suffering serious withdrawal symptoms

So was that a proper 172 Cup with skinny glass, no a/c, no xenons, etc?

Yep Moosey,

it was a proper 172 Cup with skinny glass, no a/c, no xenons, reduced sound deadening, no little tray under the passenger seat, no spare wheel, nice 11 spoke mags and a cup badge on the side. It also had more aggressive suspension than the std 172.

I recall reading an evo article running a std 172, a 172 cup and a v6 clio around the same track, std 172 and v6 were pretty close and the cup was waaaaaay ahead.

I had a nice 42 mile each way drive to work every day for 18 mths from London to Cambridge - 1/2 motorway, 1/2 country roads.... :mrgreen:

just signed the paperwork and should pick up a silver 02 RSC 172 tomorrow (fingers crossed) should weep me happy (until I start reading all the post on here about how good the 197 is :wink: )

Thanks Teki04,

just noticed I typed...should weep me happy... instead of KEEP ...,

I hope this isn't a premonition of the pain of owning an RSC.. :wink:

I did have one problem with my UK cup, driving home one night (2 mths old) and the hazards started flashing and I couldn't turn them off. pulled over, turned off the ignition and back on and still flashing, got home (slowly) and the RAC disconnected the battery for 5 mins to reset everything and on reconnection they still kept flashing. So we removed the fuse for the indicators and no more flashing (or turn signals). This allowed me to take it to Renault who tweaked the Alarm system. 1 week later same thing happened again so I went straight back to Renault and they kept it for 2 days and replaced the entire alarm system (not a Renault product I was assured) and it never happened again....18 more mths of enthusiastic driving and not another problem....

Was that the Silver one at Highway Renault? I saw it there when my mother was test driving a Meganne convertable. Can I just say that Highway Renault's sales people are utter f-wits! This bloke "George" had no clue and his boss (the sales manager) she had even less of a clue. The sales man was telling my mother (who knows nothing about cars other than "Ford, Holden BMW" etc) about laguna's and senics and volkswagens and mum had no idea what he was talking about. On top of that he failed to mention that the current model is a run-out and tried selling it for full RRP, not the run-out price. Ahh.... they seriously need to lift their game!

Was that the Silver one at Highway Renault? I saw it there when my mother was test driving a Meganne convertable. Can I just say that Highway Renault's sales people are utter f-wits! This bloke "George" had no clue and his boss (the sales manager) she had even less of a clue. The sales man was telling my mother (who knows nothing about cars other than "Ford, Holden BMW" etc) about laguna's and senics and volkswagens and mum had no idea what he was talking about. On top of that he failed to mention that the current model is a run-out and tried selling it for full RRP, not the run-out price. Ahh.... they seriously need to lift their game!

Salespeople will try to take anyone for a ride if they think they can :roll:

Dealers would try to do the same to me when I was looking at Clios but then they quickly found out I knew more about the car than they did and shut the hell up :lol: It's funny when the salesperson has to get the car manual out to confirm what you've just told them :lol:

Yep Moosey,

it was a proper 172 Cup with skinny glass, no a/c, no xenons, reduced sound deadening, no little tray under the passenger seat, no spare wheel, nice 11 spoke mags and a cup badge on the side. It also had more aggressive suspension than the std 172.

I recall reading an evo article running a std 172, a 172 cup and a v6 clio around the same track, std 172 and v6 were pretty close and the cup was waaaaaay ahead.

I had a nice 42 mile each way drive to work every day for 18 mths from London to Cambridge - 1/2 motorway, 1/2 country roads.... :mrgreen:

just signed the paperwork and should pick up a silver 02 RSC 172 tomorrow (fingers crossed) should weep me happy (until I start reading all the post on here about how good the 197 is :wink: )

Nice one all round, maxtwee. Love those 172 MkII Cups. Welcome once again to the site. I'm in Brissie once a month or so for work, so keep an eye on the social events section for a midweek dinner catchup if you're keen.

yep Toiny, It is the silver one at highway.

I was in the process of buying the burgundy one on carsales.com but they pulled it from sale at the last minute after agreeing to my offer. So I was left high and dry and had to get the Pusar back to my mum (sad I know) so I rang highway, got em to bring it to my work for a test drive, had them promise to fix the little problems, extended warranty etc...... and discount the price. I basically bought the car despite the sales people, they were next to useless and completely unprofessional and inappropriate (but still better than Windsor or Redcliff)

I had started out trying to buy either the 182 cup they had or the 182 F1 at Windsor but they were both so slack in salesmanship that I decided to go for a 172 and wait on the 197. Man I don't know how many times I went into the show rooms or rang and NEVER had a follow up, even after giving them my details, business card and saying 'I want to buy a RSC in 3 months, please let me know if you have any in at that time.' and the BS that they spun. I had different sales people at different times telling me that there were none left in Australia and that they might be able to get me one if I would put down a deposit, oh and they had just sold the last one that I could come in and look at but not drive. Funny how the same ones are still sitting on thier forecourts 6 mths later...

I even got a letter from one salesperson at highway last week lamenting their inability to help me at that time, whilst I was still emailing them questions and calling them trying to get details on finance. I just don't know how they stay in business... rant.... :o:?:x

finger crossed this time that it will be mine tomorrow arvo!....