Hi

Sunbeam

Hi,

Just registered and want to say hello.

Bought my 2002 172 last December with 18k on clock now has 26k. Wanted a 172 cos I'm an old guy and still believe there is value in having a spare wheel in Oz. Ended up with 5 spare wheels cos Jim Richards (yep 'the' Jim who is an extremely nice bloke) had 4 17"Advanti's on as well as Eibach springs. We reverted to the original wheels and tyres becos although the handling was fantastic the ride was a bit harsh for predominantly city driving. Have thought of going back to the original springs too but my wife says that as a passenger she finds the ride quite comfortable.

Hope to get to know you better. Will post a q on the tech page about clutch actuation in due course.

Cheers

Mike Melb

Welcome Mike!

Seems you picked up a good buy! My poor car has 9k on it, in about 3 months! Poor thing...

THE Jim Richards? He owned a Clio?! Wow - defintely telling this to the friends!

Once again, welcome and I hope you enjoy your new found joy and the very helpful forum!

Cheers,

Steven

Hi Mike,

Welcome aboard, I too own a '02 172 as you can see from my Sig and I've only been onboard a month or so and everyone's pretty cool 8) and friendly and more than happy to offer advice.

Depends whereabouts you are in Melbourne but check out the Social Events page we are organising a cruise down to Krispy Kreme at Narre Warren this week if you're interested in meeting some of the locals:

http://www.ozrenaultsport.com/forum/vie ... c&start=45

BTW It's great to know that Gentleman Jim likes a good frogmobile like the rest of us :D

Thanks for the welcome. RXO 083 is Iceberg Silver. My girth doesn't need doughnuts!!

Jim is great, when I picked the car up from him I asked if he'd be prepared to come and talk to our club (Sunbeam Car Club of Vic) and he readily agreed. It was just a matter of scheduling. He came on May 24 and we all enjoyed it very much.

BTW I didn't meet him until I picked the car up, he was going away when I was available to test it, so I was to meet his wife, but as she had to go out he rang to tell me where to find the key. My reaction was that I didn't want that sort of responsibility but he said that the car was insured.

He said he got the Clio to commute from his Ringwood factory to the city and airport, but cos he has use of a Porsche it was underutilised, 18k in 3 years, it appeared to be no different from new.

Told him in May that I have a problem in getting the clutch release right in city traffic and he was surprised saying he'd not had any issue with it. I guess that re-inforces the difference between an artist and a mere enthusiast.

Told him in May that I have a problem in getting the clutch release right in city traffic and he was surprised saying he'd not had any issue with it. I guess that re-inforces the difference between an artist and a mere enthusiast.

Ha! Ha! Yeah, Jim's probably well used to on/off race car clutches, so he'd be right at home in the RSC :roll: I actually like the heavy feel and the biteyness of the clutch. Welcome Knoche!

Hi,

Just registered and want to say hello.

Bought my 2002 172 last December with 18k on clock now has 26k. Wanted a 172 cos I'm an old guy and still believe there is value in having a spare wheel in Oz. Ended up with 5 spare wheels cos Jim Richards (yep 'the' Jim who is an extremely nice bloke) had 4 17"Advanti's on as well as Eibach springs. We reverted to the original wheels and tyres becos although the handling was fantastic the ride was a bit harsh for predominantly city driving. Have thought of going back to the original springs too but my wife says that as a passenger she finds the ride quite comfortable.

Hope to get to know you better. Will post a q on the tech page about clutch actuation in due course.

Cheers

Mike Melb

Welcome Mike to OZRS. Come along to the KK run as posted above and check out the Socials thread for others.

:mrgreen: e.sport PS Iceberg Sliver are the best :wink: