Greetings

R26DAVE

Howdy all,

My name is Dave, I'm from Newcastle (NSW) and I drive a 225 Cup.

I just found this forum a couple of nights ago.

I have been trying to read as many posts as I can, but now I am tired and blurrey eyed.

Looking forward to chatting with other RS owners.

Cheers.

PS - Cant resist posting a pict or two.

MayMegsforPosting0004.jpg

MayMegsforPosting0005.jpg

MayMegsforPosting0001.jpg

Welcome Dave!

Certainly have the nicest colour for a RSM :wink:

May I ask where you bought it? And where you intend on servicing it? My mate is considering a RSC and his in Newcastle also...

Hi Dave, welcome to the forum! Hope you're enjoying the forum thus far, it's a great little community we're got here. Must say I love the Blood Orange, beautiful colour. I've seen another forum members car (Orange) but in Clio guise and it looks terrific.

Hey Guys, Thanks for the welcome. :D

CL10SP – I’ll keep an eye out for you in N’Cle soon. I have only seen one Black Clio Cup in N’Cle over the last 6 months, so spotting you shouldn’t be a problem.

Jeffster – The KK Run would be a long long drive from N’Cle mid week. I’ll have to wait for the next Gosford run.

Brendans225 – You might not know it, but my car and your car were once parked about 20 meters apart (at Parramatta). Mine was in the showroom waiting for me to pick it up, and yours was out in the yard (Ha Ha). But then again, I had to pay for mine (Doh !!) Its been said before, but I’ll say it again – You Lucky Lucky Ba*ta*d !!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Also, might I say, you have a very nice car too !! :lol:

Teki04 – Got car from Parramatta. At the moment, it is driving me to work and back and that’s about it (My missus has a work car which we use for just about everything else) so it will be quite a while before the first service is due. I’ve been looking at the comments on the forum and Waitara (which has had some good reviews) is the closest Sydney service centre to me. Klosters (Here at N’Cle) used to have a Renault dealership, so I would assume they can service them. Also, I just recently saw that the “Viking Centre†in Georgetown advertise that they service Renault so they will be worth a look. Other than that, I’m open to feedback. :?

RSC172 – Mate, I love the Blood Orange, and even though we only had 2 colours to choose from, it wasn’t an easy choice. Eventually went for the BO because it went well with the interior trim. :wink:

Once again, thanks for the welcome, and sorry for the ESSAY. 8)

Cheers – Dave.

Brendans225 – You might not know it, but my car and your car were once parked about 20 meters apart (at Parramatta). Mine was in the showroom waiting for me to pick it up, and yours was out in the yard (Ha Ha). But then again, I had to pay for mine (Doh !!) Its been said before, but I’ll say it again – You Lucky Lucky Ba*ta*d !!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Also, might I say, you have a very nice car too !! :lol:

Cheers – Dave.

Really! WOW! How did you know that was my car though?

Anyways, i have a gut feeling that my car was a demo car for a little while, cos when i picked up the car i had 50kms on it already, and inside was fairly dirty

for a new a car :? Thats probs why it was parked in the yard! Not that i'm complaining bout getting a car for free though :D

Dave ... Hi Mate ... Always nice to see another Megane Cup .... Just answered your question on the spare tyre thing ... then saw this post ...so forget my question about where your from.

I will be up in Newcastle nex week seeing a few customers ... Keep a look out ..... :lol:

Dont be shy, if you have any questions just ask, were always happy to help.

Here are a few more sites you may want to look at.

www.meganesport.net

A site just for Megane owners, lots of really good stuff

www.aussiefrogs.com

General French car site, an it has a Renault section, so you can keep up with all the " Renault " going's on.

Look forward to seeing the beast ... What are the weather shields like?

Next month is the All french car day here in syd , quite a lot of people go ... might be worth a drive down.

Welcome ....Dom

Brendan – I knew it was your car cause the sales guys told me it was the car that was to be given away to the winner of the “drive.com†competition. They were also talking about how they had just had the tyres changed over. Probably the car wasn’t “Fully Detailed†cause you “won†it. That’s all.

Dom – I Love the weather shield, you can wind the window down about a third, and listen to the turbo without having the wind give you a “George Michael†blow dry. And let’s face it, I love the sound of the Turbo, so my window is always down. :D:D

PS – Why do they have a French car day in the middle of Winter. :?

PPS – Make sure you get your permit to drive a 225Cup on my Turf First !! :wink:

Cheers - Dave

Brendan – I knew it was your car cause the sales guys told me it was the car that was to be given away to the winner of the “drive.com†competition. They were also talking about how they had just had the tyres changed over. Probably the car wasn’t “Fully Detailed†cause you “won†it. That’s all.

Dom – I Love the weather shield, you can wind the window down about a third, and listen to the turbo without having the wind give you a “George Michael†blow dry. And let’s face it, I love the sound of the Turbo, so my window is always down. :D:D

PS – Why do they have a French car day in the middle of Winter. :?

PPS – Make sure you get your permit to drive a 225Cup on my Turf First !! :wink:

Cheers - Dave

Dave,

I might revisit the weather sheilds ..... i like to have the window down but hate the wind sometimes, they dont seem to make a huge difference on the Scenic.

As for the All French Car Day, its to celebrate Bastille Day that falls on the 14th of July.

Last year was a really nice sunny day, so no problems at all ....Mind you the year before it was Peee ing down :cry:

So where do i get one of your permits mate to be in Newcastle ? what novacastrian thing do i need to bring with me... to blend in 8)

What am i talking about i come from Rooty Hill ..... :mrgreen:

You cant go wrong bringing Coal to Newcastle, or so the old saying used to go.

Wait, I've got that mixed up..........!!!

Anyhow, since your only passing through, I'll be more than happy to give you a temporary visa.

The Meggy loves the open road, and the Sydney-N'Cle trip is a nice drive. Just remember to set the speed limiter.

Cheers - Dave.

Hey Dom, if your travelling to N'Cle seeking customers, your in some sort of Sales right.

Even though I'm not into the Footy much, it probably won't hurt if you slip "Andrew Johns is a legend" into any conversations you might be having.

The saying "Go The Knghts" also seems to go down well with most Novo's.

Also, regarding Bastille day, I KNEW THAT (once), but its been a long long time since year 10 french.

As Paul Hogan once said, "Mon chapeau est sur mon pomme de terre".

Helas ! Je nais parler Francais !

Cheers - Dave.

• 3 weeks later...

I have had some custom made sheepskin car seat covers made for my front seats. (To fit around the air bags)

Brendan is refering to the UK site, where the guys didn't really like the pict I showed them of the car seat covers.

I pointed out to them that I am not a "shiney pants" worker, and I actually get a bit dirty at work, and couldn't bear to get crap all over my new seats, so that was why I had the seat covers on.

Personally, I think the Poms were dissapointed that we had skinned the sheep at all, as I think they prefer to do other things with them............???? (Like eat them as Chops) (With their Kippers)(And Chips)(And Warm Larger).

Thats the long story short anyway......Cheers - Dave.

Well, apart from all the other input, I like the sheepskin car seat covers.

They make any seat about 10 times more comfortable than they were before...........

Cheers - Dave.

PS - Brendan, I hope you have noticed I have over 100 posts now....I'm a regular hore.....hoar...hoaw....whore...

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Well, apart from all the other input, I like the sheepskin car seat covers.

They make any seat about 10 times more comfortable than they were before...........

Cheers - Dave.

PS - Brendan, I hope you have noticed I have over 100 posts now....I'm a regular hore.....hoar...hoaw....whore...

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

i realised that, when you had 100 post exactly last night :) ...thats the spirit, the more whores the merrier :)

• 2 weeks later...
Dont you find having Sheepskin seat covers you are sitting higher then you would like?

I have my seat all the way down & I feel the seat is still to high.

How is the support through twisty bits of road?

No, on all accounts.

I'm only about 5'11, so I don't feel too high in the seat.

I really love the extra comfort. Not that the seats weren't nice before, but they are better now. It kind of "smooths" the seat right out, but it doesen't mean you are sliding around when cornering.

Only drawback is you get a bit more static (depending on the material of clothing you are wearing).

The colour really suits the interior as well, and I know my seats are being preserved underneath. Also, as I mentioned, I do not have an "office" job. I am "in the field" a lot, and I get a bit grubby from time to time. In 3 or 4 years, my seats will still be pristine underneath the covers.

But then again, that is my way of looking after the car, ........I have a floor mat underneath my feet that protects the original mat. When I am in my Civies and all nice and clean, I put in in the boot. But for day to day, its keeping the car clean.

Cheers mate..........