Just A About A Newbie......but Clio Gt

pauld84

Hi guys

I test drove a new Clio GT Premium yesterday at Brighton Renault. I absolutely loved it, however one thing that really is holding me back is the EDC. Can any confirm they use the Getrag 6dct250 dry dual clutch? I had a Fiesta with this and it was an absolute nightmare of faults and lived in the workshop. I got rid of because of the endless problems.

I think new Clios have the same transmission. Would love to hear from owners who have had an EDC Clio for a bit as shuddering and jerkiness of a dual clutch comes later on when seals and the clutch pack has had it which eventually requires replacing.

Thanks very much!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Welcome. It is a Getrag but not sure if the RS is the same as the GT. Haven't heard of many issues in here about the boxes yet... aside from the complaints that it isn't manual [emoji1], not fast enough and the different drive style to get it to be smooth.

Edit - you can get a manual in the GT can't you?

Edited by R182

SWMBO has had hers (200EDC) for coming up to 2 years. Travelled about 25k over that time as a daily for her plus the odd check by me to ensure the red line beeper still operates. It does... :)

No issues with the box to date. I know other forum members have travelled more km's but so far so good. She loves it. Build finish on the Premium makes it a good place to be perched even if the box can makes the changes for you... That's why the paddles are there... :)

Would love to hear from owners who have had an EDC Clio for a bit as shuddering and jerkiness of a dual clutch comes later on when seals and the clutch pack has had it which eventually requires replacing.

Thanks very much!

When do these problems start? I've had my RS for 2 years, 55,000km, no issues with the box yet (touch wood).

When do these problems start? I've had my RS for 2 years, 55,000km, no issues with the box yet (touch wood).

Used to be three years one month, now five years one month.... Lol.

I understand Renault have specified better clutch packs, seals, oil and software compared with that in the Focus. I expect it will be pretty reliable long term as it was a long time in the planning remember for the Clio IV... Should be good thing as Renault have a lot riding on the success of this transmission strategy

• Like 2

Ford's own calibration of the 6DCT250 was a complete shambles. The box itself is fairly good, but the software plays a massive part in how it operates particularly with the clutch. The Renault is vastly better even though the box is the same