New Clio Gordini Owner

Imzz200RS

I've just recently bought a RS Gordini in pearl white chassis #784. It's in great nick inside and out, having done only 65,000km. I was wondering if there are any Clio guru's (I'm sure there are plenty) to give me some tips or handy advice.

I'm planning to do a full exhaust on it in the future. 

By the way, I'm only 18 years old and I have been looking at RS clio 3's since before I was even driving, so this is a dream for me :)

post-21722-0-91240400-1457527612_thumb.jpg

post-21722-0-40006300-1457527617_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the Clio III club.

Everyone recommends the akra exhaust on the Clio III. There's a thread in that section somewhere with lots of information and advice.

Hey congrats. Great car! Looks great in white.

It used to be owned by a member a while back. See the Gordini register.  karlblues2 

Which part of Melb are you in?

Edit: grab yourself a copy of Ben Collins' (aka The Stig) book "How to Drive". A must for all drivers, but especially young ones.

Stay safe and look after yourself and the car.

Edited by apple3337
  • Like 1

G'day and welcome to the CLIO III world.

You are quite lucky to strike such an amazing car at 18. As others say, cherish it and drive it within your skills. It will spoil you compared to other cars and you will find that this car will do things an ordinary hatch won't.

I would personally not bother with the exhaust. It doesn't need it and it won't improve performance very much at all. Put you money into better tyres when you need them and run it on 98 octane always.

If you want a bit more of that perfect CLIO noise, simply remove the parcel tray from the rear. :wink:

• Like 2

Thanks for the info. @Apple3337 I actually found the guy who used to own it first. Im from the western suburbs of melbourne.

I am experiencing cold start issues however, even though I filled it with V-power. It starts at low revs and idles above 1k rpm.

Nice car mate. Welcome to the Gordini club. 

I have the same car, same colour. Pics are here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/70859631@N02/?

As BUSGO mentioned, good tyres are a must for such a potent little car. 

• Like 1

That's great, from my knowledge I think there are only 10 pearl white gordinis in Oz which makes us the lucky few to own one! I've got Continentals all round, they make the car feel like it's glued to the tarmac.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Welcome dude!

Warm her up in the mornings and get out for a solid drive at least once a month.

If I had a picked up a Clio III unmodded I'd do the splits right away and then save for the exhaust.

I assume the major service has already been completed? Be mindful of how the shift feels going it to 3rd gear, it's a known weak spot.

Advanced driving courses and tracks days will boost your knowledge of how the car reacts near it's limit.

This will boost your chances of reacting positively instead of panicking in an emergency situation.

I believe it is time to do the timing belt, more than 4 years have passed since the car has been built. I can hear slight belt noise at idle.

I'd book that in asap, if it does let go you're gonna have a bad time. 

• Like 1

attachicon.gif20160316_193122.jpg

I bought the kit, a mechanic that i work with and i will do it. Any recommendations or hints? Thanks

Get somebody experienced to do it, experienced in doing the F4R engine specifically. Special tools are needed.

• Like 1

A few dollars saved versus a potentially detonated engine.... Don't risk it is the best advice you can take from this forum in this instance.

Good luck with it if you go it yourself, hopefully it works out ok for you.

• Like 1