Greetings

Guest Technique

There was one for sale a few months ago ... only $70k from memory. 

For track use only IIRC, but a beast all the same.

Welcome Nick.  Look forward to reading soon that you have selected your steed from the RS stable...  They are great cars!  Let us know if you catch a V6 Clio - I'd sure love to see that.  Saw my first one at the recent "All French" car show day.  Bonkers thing!

Hey hey take a number and join the queue for a Clio V6!! :D

Was there really one for sale recently? I would have to turn the house upside down though to find every possible coins and dig up local parks for hidden treasures.

I check Carsales regularly but the last one I saw for sale was at least five years ago in SA - FRB Phase 2 for $80K IIRC.

Was on my105 site iirc. Track only private import. A few months back...

Yeah ... there were two others Jason I was thinking of. Collin at Alpine Affair in Melbourne had his up for sale and there's a member on here (I think ClioV6? ... sounds appropriate) wanted to sell either his V6 or his Elise, which were both on Carsales. I think the Elise is still up there. The problem with them here is that they are a rare, special car ... and that makes them expensive. I'd love one but when it came to the crunch I'd find it hard to drop that sort of money on one when you could have a lot of (arguably better) alternatives ... for me it'd probably be an Exige. Now, if I already had a Lotus in the garage ... hmm.   

Yeah ... there were two others Jason I was thinking of. Collin at Alpine Affair in Melbourne had his up for sale and there's a member on here (I think ClioV6? ... sounds appropriate) wanted to sell either his V6 or his Elise, which were both on Carsales. I think the Elise is still up there. The problem with them here is that they are a rare, special car ... and that makes them expensive. I'd love one but when it came to the crunch I'd find it hard to drop that sort of money on one when you could have a lot of (arguably better) alternatives ... for me it'd probably be an Exige. Now, if I already had a Lotus in the garage ... hmm.

I always love a good first world problem... I am inclined to agree with all you said. They do look amazing though...

I always love a good first world problem... I am inclined to agree with all you said. They do look amazing though...

I've seen a few at car shows and one in the UK but the first one I saw actually moving was a couple of months ago. I was standing in the boardroom that overlooks St Kilda Road in Melbourne just talking on my phone ... a black one went past ... I almost fell over! What a fluke that I was actually there looking out the window.  

This is true and why there's such a limited market for them - Renault obsessives or collectors who like Renaults but have other cars too :P

• Like 1