New RS225 owner

Arki

Hello Everyone,

Great forum you have in here, and I am really looking forward for the track days to use all the potential of this great car.

Lots of information you can find on this forum, I ran a quick search but as a new owner of this car I have some more questions.

Do you all have so much torque steer, I just find that pushing it to the red zone, it just goes of track! so just wondering if something needs fixing or if someone has the same issue.

I have as well another question. my car is fitted with the great K-Tec exhaust, I haven't checked yet if it goes from the turbo or not, but I have to get the RWC to transfer the rego. I checked with the mechanics told me it is not going to pass with that exhaust, I could argue with him that it is the stock one and try to get it done like that but it seems he is not very into agreement, just trying to get some money from me to change the line.

Anyone knows someone who could help? I live in Melbourne, car has always been serviced and seems to be in a really good shape. So looking for someone I could borrow the stock exhaust line for the time to get the RWC or some contacts?

Cheers,

Arki

Hey mate, welcome to the forum.

Great choice of car you have. what colour did you pick up?

Re Torque steer: I cant answer that as I drive a Megane the R26 which come stock with an LSD so better gripping on the corners, i'm sure someone else can let you know.. there was an R26 gearbox in the classified if not already sold?

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=28128&p=476025#p476025

On the exhaust issue, like everything it depends on the tester I'm thinking, may be worth a go with the aftermarket then if you need to change it, change it! it will save you a lot of hassle.

hope this helps.

Thanks for the tip for the gearbox but I think it has been sold. I will check.

There is not much thread left on all 4 tyres, I will have them soon replaced, then I will check and if it isn't fixed I will look for an LSD.

I have mine in silver, which is according to me not silver but kind of very light blue/silver :wink:

Thanks guys,

Arki

Welcome, Arki

I'd get in contact with Virage Motors in South Melbourne regarding your RWC - he's both familiar with the model, and helpful getting stuff sorted.

Torque steer is often a symptom of tyre wear, as already pointed out, or stuffed engine/gearbox mounts. Given the mounts on the 225 are a known recurring weak point, and you're going through the hassle of a RWC already, perhaps consider getting them changed as well.

Hi Griffyn,

I will drive by Virage motors sometime this week and see what he says. Do you have any contacts there i could refer to?

I have been to see a couple and some of them just heard it and said no it won't pass, but we would be happy to get it sorted for you... (oh really?? :) )

I will ahve a look at the mounts, because the only problem i really see is when accelerating on full throttle I would say. :wink:

Thanks for your advice.

• 3 months later...

RWC has been done without any trouble in Geelong. It depends of the guy checking I guess.

At the moment the car has 240 000 kms, but still pushing nicely, except a recent problem of ignition coils. Got them imported from France, it was way cheaper! :wink:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Congratulations and welcome!  :)

ah yeah my 225 only seems to do the torque steer when wet or when my tyres are worn beyond 70% sometimes less if they are not the best tyres!

hope to see you on a drive day! yay another 225  :)

Jen

Thanks guys,

Joestram, really it was your old car?? Was nice to drive for the time I had it! How do you know it was yours? I was wondering if the timing belt was done at 200kms but now it is history...

Jen, unfortunately since then things have changed... I killed the engine block, so I sold the car, but it was definitely one of the car I had most fun with! Looking to buy another one as a second car or maybe upgrade it to a Megane 3 RS :wink:

I would have loved a track day even if the clutch was starting to give some signs of fatigue! :wink: