White Megane RS250 From The UK

AshWebb_RS250

Hi all,

After doing various Google searches around my RS250 I found quite a few results coming from this forum, and after having a look around there seems to be a lot more help and information on the MK3 Megane RS here than there is on the UK based forums so I thought I would join up. Hopefully I can contribute towards the information on the forum too!

So anyway, the spec is... Glacier White RS250 with cup chassis, leather recaros, renaultsport monitor, climate control, bluetooth hands free and audio, cruise control, USB and aux, and a few more extras.

So far the only thing I have changed about the car is I have had the mid box removed, but it is soon to be lowered on H&R springs, and I will be fitting HEL braided brake lines and then getting a remap (swaying towards Fastchip RSTuner).

Previous Renaultsports I have owned are 3 Clio 182s, one blue, one silver, and one the limited edition red trophy model which was exclusive to the UK and Switzerland (500 made for the UK market and 50 for Switzerland).

Ash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome mate! Great list of cars you've had 8)

How're you finding the sheer speed of the Megane compared to the 182s?

Welcome mate! Great list of cars you've had 8)

How're you finding the sheer speed of the Megane compared to the 182s?

Up to sort of 70-80mph I wouldn't say the megane is miles ahead of my 182 trophy as I found that to be a pretty quick car, but the way it pulls towards higher speeds in comparison is a big difference!

I also like the amount of torque and in gear acceleration the megane gives, but on the other hand miss the revvy nature of the 182!

Nice spec 250 - and we drool over that limited edition 182 Trophy model down here:

BTTI-aMKn60

We are big fans of EVO on this forum and this video in particular :lol::D

Thanks :) I still miss the trophy big time! Sold it a couple months back and really wish I had kept it as a second car! I would post up some pics but it won't let me in this part of the forum!

Yea the evo review speaks very highly of the trophy and I can say from experience that the Sachs suspension is simply amazing! The levels of grip for such a relatively simple car are brilliant and I found myself keeping up with a lot of quicker cars on tracks as I would soon catch them up in the corners!

Welcome!

So anyway, the spec is... Glacier White RS250 with cup chassis, leather recaros, renaultsport monitor, climate control, bluetooth hands free and audio, cruise control, USB and aux, and a few more extras.
Cup chassis, Renaultsport monitor, climate control, cruise control, USB/aux all standard on our Australian spec cars!

Thanks :) yea it seems that there is a lot more activity and shared knowledge than the uk forums!

Interesting... What do members of UK forums have to lose by sharing info? Could it be the massive track day scene over there or something else?

Welcome btw :)

I don't think it's so much that they don't want to share, but the majority of 250s are only just coming out of warranty and it seems that a lot of people are reluctant to work on the car themselves or modify it when it's under warranty. Hopefully there will be a lot more activity and new parts coming out for them now that warranties are coming to an end!

Welcome!
So anyway' date=' the spec is... Glacier White RS250 with cup chassis, leather recaros, renaultsport monitor, climate control, bluetooth hands free and audio, cruise control, USB and aux, and a few more extras.[/quote']Cup chassis, Renaultsport monitor, climate control, cruise control, USB/aux all standard on our Australian spec cars!

Ah nice, in the UK we have 2 types which are 'cup' and normal with cup chassis. Cup is more basic but benefits from all the things a cup chassis car gets, whereas the normal version could be bought with or without cup chassis and generally came with more extras.

Do all of the Australian spec cars come with LSD as well then?

Ah nice, in the UK we have 2 types which are 'cup' and normal with cup chassis. Cup is more basic but benefits from all the things a cup chassis car gets, whereas the normal version could be bought with or without cup chassis and generally came with more extras.

All RS250s brought in were Cup chassis spec with LSDs yes. We've recently had a limited run of non-cup 265s without climate control brought in (but including Recaros), but aside from that special edition every other 265 has been a cup chassis too.

Thanks :) yea it seems that there is a lot more activity and shared knowledge than the uk forums!

Interesting... What do members of UK forums have to lose by sharing info? Could it be the massive track day scene over there or something else?

Some of the uk forums/clubs are shocking, they've become massively "clicky". If your face fits and all that.........it's been like that for years, don't get me wrong there are some really good ones that have been started by groups of people who are fed up with the whole smoke and mirrors attitude and actually want to enjoy the cars.

All RS250s brought in were Cup chassis spec with LSDs yes. We've recently had a limited run of non-cup 265s without climate control brought in (but including Recaros), but aside from that special edition every other 265 has been a cup chassis too.

Ah sweet, cup chassis with LSD is definitely the one to have! It's strange how different countries get different specs etc. I guess it's all to do with marketing!

Some of the uk forums/clubs are shocking, they've become massively "clicky". If your face fits and all that.........it's been like that for years, don't get me wrong there are some really good ones that have been started by groups of people who are fed up with the whole smoke and mirrors attitude and actually want to enjoy the cars.

Yea I know exactly what you mean! This forum seems to be pretty active really. There's a relatively new uk forum called RSMegane but it's fairly quiet.