Potential 250RS owner, anything to look out for?

Adriano323

Hi guys,

Recently joined as i am looking at buying a 250 RS and thought i would ask if there is anything i should look out for when inspecting.

Any common problems or issues that i should know about before buying one? :D

What are the minor and major service cost?

Thanks guys, hope to be a proud owner soon and meet up with some of you :D

Hi guys,

Recently joined as i am looking at buying a 250 RS and thought i would ask if there is anything i should look out for when inspecting.

Any common problems or issues that i should know about before buying one? :D

What are the minor and major service cost?

Thanks guys, hope to be a proud owner soon and meet up with some of you :D

Had mine for nearly 3 years/50,000kms, and apart from a blown clutch slave cylinder (fixed under warranty) it has been faultless.

Nothing has broken or fallen off and it still feels like it did when I picked it up from the dealer.

What are you looking for with a 250 (age/kms/price)?

Thanks heaps for those. I did try looking for that in the forums but couldnt find it.

Had mine for nearly 3 years/50,000kms, and apart from a blown clutch slave cylinder (fixed under warranty) it has been faultless.

Nothing has broken or fallen off and it still feels like it did when I picked it up from the dealer.

What are you looking for with a 250 (age/kms/price)?

I think my main concerns were nothing major to go wrong...example:

my previous E46 323Ci, had the rear subframe crack and fail. I was wondering why it felt like i was steering a boat (common with early models)

Friends V35 Skyline, gearboxes prior to 2005 models had syncro problems and gearbox had to be replaced.

Kindof things like that...then again 250's are much newer cars and only time will tell how they survive.

I have read most people's annoyances, stereo, glovebox size, exhaust note, etc and their not deal breakers for me.

Right now i have my eyes on 2 or 3 (sydney area), will check some out over the weekend, i am stretching my budged so if its at the right price you guys will have another team member to enjoy cheese and wine with haha :P If not i will reluctantly go over to the XR5 blokes for a meatpie. :D

Yeah....glovebox is useless as is the ICE system. Engine/exhaust sound is a bit meh...but, with a simple cheap mod, can be made to crackle and pop a lot more. I get to drive it quickly too infrequently, but every time I do, it reminds me why I bought it.

Ace one of the members here has his beast up for sale nicknamed "The Monster" it is in Sydney as well.

I would start looking there a VERY nice 250 although it alot more power then 250jp right now and should still be under factory warranty with low Kms.

Good luck mate, I've had mine now for just under 18months and I have already done 42k on it.

Best decision i made and besdes all the little gripes I've really not had much issue with it at all.

Still brings up a grin and giggle when i put the foot down.