open my eyes and now seeing the light!

dazzawazza

hi guys, names darren and im from melbourne.

about myself, im 21, self employed (sundays off :[ ) car enthusiastist, down to earth, fussy.

after a long and tiring research on what car to get ive narrowed it down to a few that would suit my current lifestyle.. (been over 9months now)

abou

i come to the conclusion of these cars and pros and cons of each.

370z - always loved nissan// 2 seater...

jeep grand cherokee - big, offroadable, carry stocks// im not a family man yet,

suburu wrx hatch - fast, goodlooking // too common, 5 speed manual

golf r - AWD, bootspace // experienced the dsg decreased in power in my current Golf mkv tdi

i thought all was lost when i went to a nissan dealer in glenwavlery while doing stock runs and noticed that i couldnt even put 2 box of lettuce in the bloody boot...

as i was leaving the salesmen ask me if i want to see some of the renault.. i couldnt be bothered but my missus insisted we check it out atleast, though we did travelled 2 hrs to melbourne ( i live in the country side, latrobe vallery area)

i saw the renault megane rs model, ( i love my big bottom girls but on the last model neh..... probably why i didnt even bother looking at renaults..) i fell in love, no big butts but a DECENT sized boot... big enough for my stock runs, with the option of putting some on the back seat (4 SEATER!!!!!!!).

now its come to the point where i do actually need a new car... and the megane is it!!!!!

just now the dilema of do i get the new model (facelift) or the current 2013 one.. this 0% finance is so tempting, only a 2hr drive is stoping me from going down and putting in my order for one :@

any advice would be handy, and if anyone knows if the 0% finance will go on til early feb as when i come back from a holiday and will have my finance finalized.

oh, and thanks for having me on the forum. :)

daz

Welcome Daz!

Doubt the deal will stick around that long.

As for which model? You can probably negotiate a good price now on a current model but can't see many deals being done on the face-lifted model when it arrives given the current model's popularity!

Interesting mix of cars you were looking at before. What was the deciding factor for the Megane? Just the looks and boot? Have you driven one?

I noticed you liked the DSG in the Golf R. The new Clio RS lands next month and comes with a dual-clutch box (EDC) so might be worth a look for you too.

Good luck with your decision!

Interesting mix of cars you were looking at before. What was the deciding factor for the Megane? Just the looks and boot? Have you driven one?

it was just what fitted my needs i guess lol... the looks is a 7/10 behind the 370z i say, but the fact its fast, fuel efficient (hwy kilometres) 4 seats, big boot space, good value for money comparing the specs to similar cars e.g 370z, 86/brz, beamers ect.

lol looking at it now, its not really a hard choice..

I noticed you liked the DSG in the Golf R. The new Clio RS lands next month and comes with a dual-clutch box (EDC) so might be worth a look for you too.

i think u might have mis read, i was stoked about the dsg but theres been some issues with it,

in the news there was a death that was caused by vw's dsg unit failing, but coroner reports stating vw are innocent.

but experienced the cut of power for 2-3 seconds so im really put off dsg units..

i think u might have mis read, i was stoked about the dsg but theres been some issues with it,

in the news there was a death that was caused by vw's dsg unit failing, but coroner reports stating vw are innocent.

but experienced the cut of power for 2-3 seconds so im really put off dsg units..

the ironic thing is that the woman was driving a manual GTI.

DSG had nothing to do with it - but at least the media beating (which took things completely out of context) helped push the VW recall, even though they had to be dragged kicking and screaming by the hair, to admit that some of their engines/ the dsg gearbox are utter sh7t and f7cking dangerous (a mate had a complete power cutout, brakes and steering included, between two tight corners over reefton spur - f7ck that sh7t).

DSG had nothing to do with it - but at least the media beating (which took things completely out of context) helped push the VW recall, even though they had to be dragged kicking and screaming by the hair, to admit that some of their engines/ the dsg gearbox are utter sh7t and f7cking dangerous (a mate had a complete power cutout, brakes and steering included, between two tight corners over reefton spur - f7ck that sh7t).

hahahaha still laughing, on a serious note, the dsg was ok, had no problems until the cut out, strange that that it happened only recently, seems like i was meant to get a new car hahaha. btw dsg is very sh*t in city traffic especially in a diesel car.

Why not leave it to Wednesday - it's only a car :wink:

LOL can't I have no time what so ever, Tuesday is a squeeze running a tight schedule need a car that gets me from point a to b in a few minutes. And the occasional bank robbery getaways

Also... After much researching and hopping into an rs 250 hands down the stock sound system is on par with my old skyline... anyone down in melbourne south east know where to go for help??

Thanks in advance