Renaultsport Clio 197 Register

Dutchie

I think the register is for cars that have a x/## number of cars made. So we can track the individual specific cars.

Ph 1 172's 30?

F1 LE 182 Cup that had #/30?

R27 197

R26 230

etc...

I think the register is for cars that have a x/## number of cars made. So we can track the individual specific cars.

Ph 1 172's 30?

R27 197

R26 230

etc...

Yah i see what you mean Tommo and that might be the case but still. Also the 197 fat deserve a register i think.

Millions of VW gti's,type r's etc are around but not many clio rs's. Whether the 197 is a limited edition or not

It's still a pretty rare car here in Australia in comparing to other brands! Besides that I wouldn't see any harm if there would be an Renault sport Clio 197 fat Register :D also we 197 fat owners are proud about our cars :wink:

Cheers :wink:

Ok I don't really whan't to go off topic but in the contex of this subject I would be really curious how many 197 fat would be sold in 2008 or anaother year and how many 197 cup. I mean is it 50, 197 cups against 1000, 197 fat or 50 cups against 100, 197 fat. If it would be the last numbers they would be just as rare but just in a different jacket :wink:

Anybody of the forum Die Hards here that would have the anwser? :wink:

Ph 1 172's 30?

R27 197

R26 230

etc...

This......

If we didn't make one for 172's and 182's why would we bother for the pudgist and slowest version of all :wink:

Dutchie, did you not receive my reply to your email last week?

In part, I said the following:

Thanks for your message. We actually have been planning an upgrade to the forum software/interface for quite some time now. Part of the plan was to implement a better register system, but whether that will include one specifically for 197s is yet to be decided.

So, we are pretty much holding off on further developments to this platform until we move to the new one.

Realistically, 197s (and even the regular 172/182, 200, 225, 250/265 etc) do not have an easily identifiable ID number. Registration plates aren't consistent (ie how do you keep track of cars once they are sold back & forth interstate over the years?), so we'd have to use VINs. Not everyone is comfortable with providing either their VIN or rego plate online, so that would pose a problem in itself.

Let me know when its ready so I can put my name against the 182 non cup register.

Will do, mate.

I've started collecting details for the "silver 172 track car" register too.