New RS265 owver and almost new RS265

Kalora

Hello everyone,

Yesterday became the owner of a 12 month old RS 265 808 in liquid yellow. It looks like a dream and wow is it fun to drive!

I have only been able to drive it home as it needs it's 10K service, but looking forward to spending plenty of time behind the wheel.

back_RS.png

Cheers

Matt

Welcome Matt!

Awesome 265 you got there. She won't spontaneously combust if you take her for a drive while you wait for your service date :wink:

What made you choose the Megane?

Thanks for the welcome!

I drove a renault in my 20s Alex (not an RS) but have always liked the car and when I saw the look of the latest Megane RS I loved it and took one for a test drive. I had my heart set on the liquid yellow, but the dealer said there were none left in the country but luckily enough I found one on car sales and it was a regrettable sale as the owner Ash was heading over to the USA.

Ha! Thanks Travis, after I read the manual I dare not drive it until it was serviced as did not want to void any warranty - yes probably being a little cautious :wink:

Cheers

Matt

Was this the one at Waverley Renault?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Hi,

No I looked at that too, that was a 250. This was a private sale from a guy named Ash (he posted a couple of times on the forum). He had to move to the USA, so unfortunately could not keep the car.

Matt

G'day & welcome.

Congrats on the 808, no doubt you saved quite a few pennies by not buying new too.

Thanks for the welcome Steve. Yes I may have saved a little, although the was bought new before 2013, so no fixed price servicing, but had my heart set on the LY, so was happy to take it at 1 year old.

Matt

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome to the world of RS ownership mate. Talk about jumping in boots and all for your 1st RS. Can't get much better then a LY 808. Very nice. Guessing if you looked at the Waverly 250 you are in Victoria? Hoping the weather comes good soon so you can get out and see what the car is really capable of. :hyper:

Welcome to the world of RS ownership mate. Talk about jumping in boots and all for your 1st RS. Can't get much better then a LY 808. Very nice. Guessing if you looked at the Waverly 250 you are in Victoria? Hoping the weather comes good soon so you can get out and see what the car is really capable of. :hyper:

Hey M-M, yes in Victoria, a little way out, in Macedon - some great twisty mountain roads around me :D