Bought a 2006 225 F1 and love it!

Minas_G

Hey all,

Minas here, i bought my 2006 225 F1 about 4 months ago, and ive never looked back.

I bought it with 70k on the clock and so far so good, its been reliable and a whole heap of fun!

I had an FG XR6 before this, but last year i went to the Nurburgring and rented an R26.R from the guys at RSR, and as you can imagine i fell in love it, came back to Australia, sold the Falcon (best thing i ever did) and got the Megane!

So far it's a great car, but i want a little bit more power from it. I think the brakes are fantastic, the handling is ok (for now) and it just needs some really good rubber on it.

Where is a good place to take it to in Melbourne?

Thanks everyone!

Hi, welcome. A chance in an R26R at NR would have to be wonderful! My recommendation is Virage motors South Melbourne. There's a fair bit of discussion on mechanics on here that you'll find with a search. Depends a bit on your home / work location too I imagine. Enjoy.

Welcome! Great GT car isn't it? We can update or add you to the register here:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3555

We've got #1026. It's our favourite long haul cruiser but can still hustle with the best of them in the twisties. Not frantic like the Clio II nor scalpel sharp like the Megane III, it is comfortable, highly capable and very aggressive looking - and rare! Hope you enjoy it, and think hard before modding it too much - they are pretty good out of the box. As long as whatever you do can be reverted to standard, you'll be fine.

Welcome mate!

Great choice on the Megane - awesome car. Post some pics if you can!

Yeah next sunny day we have in Melbourne ill grab out the SLR and get good some good shots!

Don't want to go crazy on the modifications, but I'm prett sure ill be doing a larger inter cooler, high flow cc, good tune and possibly a cold air intake for it (I'm a but iffy on changing the intake though)

I already put some clean 5000k Xenons in the projector lamps, matched it with LED's just to give it a clean look!

What are some good modifications to take the Megane up a tiny notch?

Welcome welcome! Glad you are enjoying the car!

Best bang for buck is a ECU remap... Remove or fold back seats for R26.R acoustics.

OEM tyres on the F1 were Dunlop Sport Maxx and they are a good tyres, some Michilens may be another good option, good tyres really do make this car.... if you want tyre nirvana and a R26.R driving experience you cant go past some Toyo R888's.

Thanks guys.

I've been looking at the remote remapping tool from Ktec in England. Would it be worth doing it remotely via them or get a Renault tuning house to do it in Melbourne?

If you can get a on dyno tune it is always going to be better, will cost twice as much as a flash tune though, but at least you will get as much power as you can and the tune will be safe tuned for your engine and local octane.

This IS THE WAY to go. Buy one of these, don't have to deal with dyno's and there operators every time mods are made on your vehicle. He's a proven ecu programmer for race cars.

http://www.fastchip.nl/