Hey all, I own a Mini Coo..

Mim

Hi all,

My names Mim, I live in Melbourne, and I have been stalking these forums for some time now checking out some of your guys build threads. I can say, you guys have got some awesome little machines! :D

I have a soft spot for the 182 Cup and when seeing some of your clio's it makes me want to just buy one out of impulse.

That being said, will definitely look into purchasing one in the near future, and have come here just to have a bit of a look around and a chat with some owners.

Now to my car..

Early this year I purchased a 2003 Mini Cooper S R53 (Supercharged Variant) and have been gradually building it up week by week.

It has a whole list of mods now, and plenty more to come (may make a build thread depending on how welcome a Mini is on a RenaultSport forum :P)

IMAG0943_1_zpsd90dba6c.jpg

Thanks guys,

Look forward to chatting with some of you!

Mim

Hey welcome Mim...

You will find that there are a couple of MINI fans here but we are not encouraged to post our admiration - but WE DO ANYWAY!!

I had a MY05 R53 and sold it about a year ago. You can see my car and story at the Member's Rides discussions.

Nice blue btw....

Welcome Mim!

I have a soft spot for the supercharged Cooper S. Feel free to post a thread in the Member's Ride section.

Enjoy your time researching the 182 Cup 8)

Welcome! We entertain all manner of car talk here :)

Just not Golf GTIs. Oh and Mazda 3s. And anything by Toyota.

I think I've seen your car - are you in the SE burbs of Melbourne?

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!! :D

BUSGO: Cheers bud! Nice as, I love the 05-06 R53's! :) I'll definitely have a look! How do you compare the R53 to the 200 Cup?

Walkie86: Thanks mate!! I'll post one up in the coming days! And will definitely enjoy doing some more research :P

Dish: Hahaha thanks mate!! Yeah I'm from Rowville! I do remember driving behind a blue 182 one night in my area, I'm guessing you're from the same area? :)

G,day & welcome.

Sold my R53 JCW Cooper S a few years ago, same electric blue as yours but with way too much money thrown at it, it won German Eurofest in Canberra one year & was fairly competitive on track.

As a daily driver the JCW was a beautiful car & definitely superior to my current RS200, but as a track car the RS leaves the JCW for dead.

Enjoy.

A

Here's a few pics of my old R53...

post-13178-142138559576_thumb.jpg

post-13178-142138559583_thumb.jpg

Dish: Hahaha thanks mate!! Yeah I'm from Rowville! I do remember driving behind a blue 182 one night in my area, I'm guessing you're from the same area? :)

That confirms it! Yes, in Endeavour Hills.

My other half Jen (jets4) will be behind the wheel of either the 182 or her 225 while commuting to work via Rowville.

steve11: Nice as! Love a nice JCW :D So in your opinion the Clio RS's are more track orientated? Unfortunately there is a message saying 'I do not have permission to view the attached files'.. although I can imagine what a nicely done EB JCW would look like!! :D

Dish: I REMEMBER NOW! One night I saw both a blue 182 and a blue 225 driving together around my area, I was stopped at the lights with the 225 and it was a female driver! She did try to have a go at the Mini at the lights, my tyres were bald at the time so I resisted! You both have great looking cars :)

Dish: I REMEMBER NOW! One night I saw both a blue 182 and a blue 225 driving together around my area, I was stopped at the lights with the 225 and it was a female driver! She did try to have a go at the Mini at the lights, my tyres were bald at the time so I resisted! You both have great looking cars :)

Thanks buddy - yeah, that would have been us :wink:

Jen doesn't need much encouragement at the lights... :news:

BTW, you'll be able to see the attachments after you've hit 50 posts. Sorry, just a method introduced to curb spammers etc which will be reviewed when our new forum software comes into effect soon.

stevie11: Those 19's look chunky as on the Mini! The ride comfort and performance of the 17's would be heaps better :)

Puncher: Thanks mate! :) I love the classic cooper's too! I believe it was the last n/a 4 cyl to win Bathurst! :D

AUS 8.08: Sounded like it had a fair bit of goodies! The whine with the 19% pulley would be mental! I have a 15% on mine so the charger didn't run out of puff and overheat in the higher RPM range! You're Mini would've been a blast! Assuming you moved on to a Renault?

Dish: Haha small world, love running into proper car enthusiasts on the road! I could tell, she was pretty eager to show off her little turbo! :D

Oh okay thanks for the heads up, thought I may not have completed the full registration or something!

AUS 8.08: Sounded like it had a fair bit of goodies! The whine with the 19% pulley would be mental! I have a 15% on mine so the charger didn't run out of puff and overheat in the higher RPM range! You're Mini would've been a blast! Assuming you moved on to a Renault?

Dish: Haha small world, love running into proper car enthusiasts on the road! I could tell, she was pretty eager to show off her little turbo! :D

Oh okay thanks for the heads up, thought I may not have completed the full registration or something!

NO I moved on to a 350z and hated it other than the sexy look. Now all is good again with the renault. I nearly went to a mini.

What didn't you like about the 350z?

The slop in the driveline, the chatter in clutch, the lack of feedback in steering, non progressive handling. Spent a fortune on replacing every bush with whitelines, springs swaybars, clutch, flywheel etc etc and I just couldnt find confidence in it, it was just such a let down after the cooper S

I was going to ask the same question, and you answered the question like you were ready for it.

Shame you weren't happy with it, I thought it would have been a hoot to drive being a RWD. And they have great styling. But I guess it means nothing, if the concept ain't put together right.

I would also have thought that the 350Z would've been an awesome handler!

And thank's SamR! That's what I'm really liking about the Clio's, seem to have the fun feel about them like my Mini!! They're cars that you actually WANT to drive :)

I was going to ask the same question, and you answered the question like you were ready for it.

Shame you weren't happy with it, I thought it would have been a hoot to drive being a RWD. And they have great styling. But I guess it means nothing, if the concept ain't put together right.

Yeah lots of people love them, I had big expectations as its the car I wanted when I bought the Cooper but they were a little out of my price range at that time. But just didnt live up to it for me. Was nice to look at in the garage but driving it became a chore. Hence only doing 23,000k in 4 years.