new RS 200 owner Melbourne

LiQuido200

Hi all

Just bought my first Renault RS, Liquid Yellow Clio RS 200 cup :D

Fell in love with this car on site and when I test drove it I was instantly hooked.

Apparently the last NEW liquid yellow left and only one red one remains, good deal IMO at the moment with the free Recaro's. Hope to see some you on the road in Melbourne.

Where in Melb?

From the first owner of the last brand new 182 cup in Australia, welcome. Sad to see that they're nearly all gone! Love the 200. Enjoy mate.

Welcome mate and congrats!

The 200s are cracking value at the moment 8)

Congrats on the new car and wise choice.

I love seeing 200s anywhere and in any colour.

As you have found, the pleasure is in the driving. Don't baby it. lol

Hey there and welcome! :)

Any pics of your new ride?

Thanks guys

Still not delivered yet as getting the vega paint protection, vega interior protection and darkest legal tint, hopefully get it by next Saturday. BTW, how much is the akrapovic evolution exhaust and where can I get it?

You don't really need it, just take out your rear parcel tray and allow the standard exhaust note to soothe away your cares. lollllllll

Welcome mate & congrats on the car.

Do a search on the Akra - there's plenty of info around the forum.

Congratulations on your purchase mate, you'll have the time of your life in the RS200.

By the way the Akrapovic is a must trust me!

Put it like this, if Akrapovic launch one for the RS265 I will buy one in a heartbeat. The best thing you can do to the RS200. But let's keep it to the already existing topic.

Have Fun Mate.

Definitely be getting the akrapovic with the extra ponies it delivers :D hope to see you guys around Melbourne soon as I imagine I will be spending many weekends in this hot hatch

All 5 of them?

Buy for the sound. That way you won't be disappointed. :)

Yes not for Horses but Torque is improved, flat spot gets better and it's smooth going up the rev range.

And probably you will see petrol economy decrease a little, but that's because you will keep it always in the high rev range even more with an Akrapovic lol.

Ohhh and did I mention it sounds magnificent!? :P

Definitely be getting the akrapovic with the extra ponies it delivers :D hope to see you guys around Melbourne soon as I imagine I will be spending many weekends in this hot hatch

All 5 of them?

Buy for the sound. That way you won't be disappointed. :)

5 is for the slip on and 8 is for the complete evolution from my limited understanding but actually more interested in the torque and sound. I have used akrapovics on bikes so I know I definitely wont be disappointed. :)

Congrats! My 200 never ceases to put a smile on my face and great call with the LY! first few months of ownership I couldn't help but stare at the little bit of LY visible in the side mirrors.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

hahaha seems we might need a separate forum for Akropovic lovers.

That's fine, but in the meantime just pull your parcel shelf and enjoy a free upgrade.

I love the sound of the stock exhaust, it has just the right amount of background growl.

Were you braking hard just before stopping? If so it could just be brakes, but not a good thing to do esp when brand new.

If not, probably worth a visual inspection so see if there's anything obvious.

Yes did brake a bit and traffic was pretty hectic so was riding the clutch and brakes a bit, smoke was not excessive just a small amount but did smell like that smell when you are welding so probably just the new discs.

I checked under the hood and no smoke or evidence of anything serious.

Could it just be the new clutch?

All new cars give off a burnt smell. The brake pads will need to loosen up a bit as well. Our new pads clearly smoked for the first day or so.

The burnt oil smell is simply hot exhaust parts possibly shedding protective coating I reckon.

All new cars give off a burnt smell. The brake pads will need to loosen up a bit as well. Our new pads clearly smoked for the first day or so.

The burnt oil smell is simply hot exhaust parts possibly shedding protective coating I reckon.

I think you are right as the smell is reducing but still evident, anyway a photo of the beast on the android. Do not know how you guys keep under 3k rpm when running this car in it just wants to be unleashed :D

2013-06-22160827.jpg

2013-06-22160637.jpg

..but did smell like that smell when you are welding so probably just the new discs.

Had the same exact smell on my first few runs, with my at the time new RS200, not sure what it is thou, exhaust or brakes?

Don't worry about it, it will go away.

Very nice pics by the way, great looking car!

..but did smell like that smell when you are welding so probably just the new discs.

Had the same exact smell on my first few runs, with my at the time new RS200, not sure what it is thou, exhaust or brakes?

Don't worry about it, it will go away.

Very nice pics by the way, great looking car!

It seems to be getting better so I think you are right.

When I am driving I notice heaps of Golf R26 and Golf GTi staring or should I say drooling lol :shock: