new member from sydney, just ordered a 265

weetbix

Hi all,

Deposit is down on a 2013 rs265 cup, star black with leather. Should be picking it up next week if all goes to plan :D

Just sold my 2010 xr5, I have been on the focus forums and watched with interest as pbeyerman turned his xr5 in to a monster, then sold it for an rs250! He seems to love the new car, and after driving the 265 I was very impressed at the performance for the price.

I love my cars and and have had a few goodies in the past. My favs would be a tuned 08 audi s3, 04 rx8 and a 96 s14 200sx with lots of mods. For my next car I want a sub 50k hot hatch which puts a grin on my face in standard trim, and the 265 does just that. I found it far more engaging than the other options for similar money.

Anyway I look forward to reading the forums and finding out more about these awesome cars.

Cheers,

Jono

Welcome Jono!

Good to see you love the 265 already, Be sure to post some pictures up when you get it 8)

• 2 weeks later...

Whats the general consensus on run in for these cars? Had a bit of a search but couldn't find much on the RS250/265.

I am assuming just drive it normally, vary the load and rpm, dont redline the crap out of it for 1000kms or so...

Todays the day weetbix. I'm sure you'll have plenty of pics for us next time you log in :wink:

as for mods, there are no 'must haves' since the car is perfectly fine the way it is when you pick it up. Just enjoy it :)

A few contrasting ideas about run in, I went for the drive-it-like-you-stole-it route. The ex-demos put on dynos certainly showed how much it loves it

Have fun, be safe!

Well I picked her up late today... been driving since! :hyper: Looked so good there on the showroom floor when i picked her up. Took my time inspecting it was mostly perfect. One headlight had a scratch but they are going to sort that out for me.

Took it up the old road and stretched its legs a bit... what a fantastic car! Truly amazing bang for buck... its a hoot to drive :D

Feels so well sorted and balanced. And the driving position is spot on. Doesnt quite sound as cool as the modded xr5 but it still sounds good in sports mode. Few cracks and pops echoing off the rocks up the old road.

Already had some french car quirks. Auto wipers going nuts at nothing. Rear wiper has a demon in its and just turns on when it feels like it. Air con lost its setting when I turned the car on once.

Drivers door creaks, something in the back left of cabin is rattling. Passenger seatbelt clip kind of sticky when you unclip.

Not fussed, it drives amazingly and I will give it time to iron out the interior spooks.

Only thing that caught my attention is if I put the car under load there is a slight clunking rattle type noise from the engine bay. Anyone noticed something similar? It is like when you nearly stall a car and push through it and you get that clunking noise... Should I be worried?

WIll put some pics up when I get to the pc. Just on my phone now.

Welcome, I also went XR5->265

Auto wipers going nuts at nothing. Rear wiper has a demon in its and just turns on when it feels like it.

Put your wipers on least sensitive, might help.

Air con lost its setting when I turned the car on once.

Drivers door creaks

Haven't had those.

something in the back left of cabin is rattling. Passenger seatbelt clip kind of sticky when you unclip.

uh huh..

there is a slight clunking rattle type noise from the engine bay.

Should I be worried?

Probably not :) I had an annoying buzz/rattle/vibration at medium to high revs that seems to have gone mostly away after just having my 10k service..

Enjoy!