Non-Megane owner saying hello :)

stephen8512

Hi guys

My name is Stephen and I own a VW Golf R. Have had it since 2010 and it has a few mods done to it.

Link to my build thread:

http://www.vwgolf.net.au/showthread.php ... ite-Golf-R

I'm a regular on vwgolf.net.au but I thought I'd join up here because I've always had a soft spot for the Megane 250 Trophee's (even the old 225 trophees) and today on the M2 travelling towards the city, I saw a white 265 Trophee (nurburgring sticker on the back) and I travelled with it for a few kms....LOVED it

Almost makes me want to sell mine and get the 265 Trophee instead!

Anyways, thought I'd say hello :) My missus is learning to drive at the moment so who knows? Maybe I'll persuade her to get one :wink:

Some pics of my car

af416146.jpg

377a19fd.jpg

DSC01621.jpg

Welcome Stephen!

Sweet R you've got there with some nice mods. Are you on EST? You're car looks familiar.

Hey mate,

Golf fan here myself, I ordered a Golf R back in October 2010 to replace my Clio 182, 3Dr Manual in Candy White with the black 19's, leather, Nav, Dynaudio, Bluetooth MDI, Roof, ACC Adjustable Suspension, and RVC.

I was told 6 months wait on it, and after 3 months, they called me to add another 3 months to the wait time, and to boot, the rave reviews of the 250 were beginning to roll off the press, making me wonder if I made the right decision. When I bit the bullet and test drove the 250, it was over for the Golf unfortunately :D

There are times where I miss the prospect of the luxury appointments My golf would have had- namely the roof and the awesome stereo/ RNS510 set up, but the Megane is a bloody awesome car!

Nice to see a Golf R driven by an enthusiast and actually modded unlike the plethora of 18" clad stock as a rock examples driven by 65+ guys :lol:

Welcome to our partisan corner of the Internet :)

Is your R "candy" white?

Hey mate :) Yep my car is "candy" white...though I never really got it myself...never seen white candy before? lol

Welcome Stephen!

Sweet R you've got there with some nice mods. Are you on EST? You're car looks familiar.

Hey! Yep I do also have my build thread up on EST but Im not a frequent member. I should try and come out to more meets but have just been too busy

Hey mate,

Golf fan here myself, I ordered a Golf R back in October 2010 to replace my Clio 182, 3Dr Manual in Candy White with the black 19's, leather, Nav, Dynaudio, Bluetooth MDI, Roof, ACC Adjustable Suspension, and RVC.

I was told 6 months wait on it, and after 3 months, they called me to add another 3 months to the wait time, and to boot, the rave reviews of the 250 were beginning to roll off the press, making me wonder if I made the right decision. When I bit the bullet and test drove the 250, it was over for the Golf unfortunately :D

There are times where I miss the prospect of the luxury appointments My golf would have had- namely the roof and the awesome stereo/ RNS510 set up, but the Megane is a bloody awesome car!

Nice to see a Golf R driven by an enthusiast and actually modded unlike the plethora of 18" clad stock as a rock examples driven by 65+ guys :lol:

Hi Danny. Wow looks like you ticked all the options under the sun except the Recaro bucket seats!

I ordered mine luckily in July and she was picked up in December but I agree, I would have started looking for something else if I was told an extra 3 months on top of the already excruciating 6 month wait. I think you made the right choice with the Megane. It's fantastic and goes very well. More of a drivers car than the Golf R. THe R is the flagship of the VW range but I think of it as the "jack of all trades, king of none"....it can do lots of things very well but it doesnt excel in one particular thing brilliantly...and for me, sometimes, thats its chink in its armor.

I opted for : 19" Black wheels, 5 door, DSG, MDI, RNS510 Sat nav, reverse camera, and the Recaro Bucket seats. Initially I was't sure about the bucket seats with them costing so much but now I love it because not only do they feel great to sit in, it gives my R that little bit of exclusivity as you dont see many around with the recaro buckets (albeit you do see a lot of candy white....haha!) In hindight though, I should have chosen manual but no regrets thus far :wink:

Thanks for the kind words. Hopefully I can come to a cruise or two with some renault enthusiasts :)

Welcome stephen, nice mods on the R, I would like one for myself parked in the shed next to the Clio and megane, best color too the white/ black rims

Cheers :) Only problem with having a white GOlf R with black rims is that everyone now seems to have this combo! hahaha oh well... more of a challenge to stand out from the pack I say :)

Welcome mate!

That's a sweet ride you got there. Black wheels and all. :)

Cheers mate :)

I like that colour combo for the golf R. The blue golfs are getting way too common. They are everywhere in Melbourne. But its always nice to see a slightly modded one :)

Haha in Sydney at least, its the white ones which are common! So many white/black Golf R's....Rising Blue is a close second.

Still a few more mods to go.... OEM+ style :)

Welcome!

Tastefully modified Golf R you have there, nice work. Must say I'm a big fan of those Recaro seats, as well. Sporty and classy :)

Cheers :) Yeah loving the recaros to be honest....sets it apart somewhat from the sea of other Golf R's out there. Wouldn't recommend it as a track seat though.....though they are better then OEM leather seats, I wouldnt call these seats a track-type seat. They do look the part though and are quite comfortable. :)

Its like the wife has just walked into the garage where me and my mates are drinking beer and talking about cars.

GTFO :news:

Joking :lol:

Welcome. You will love the RS265, no need for mods to stand out or go fast :hyper:

Its like the wife has just walked into the garage where me and my mates are drinking beer and talking about cars.

GTFO :news:

Joking :lol:

Welcome. You will love the RS265, no need for mods to stand out or go fast :hyper:

Hahaha!

I want to drive a 265....even a 250. They look the part and i'd say its more of a drivers car than my Golf R....though having said that, now that my Golf is modded a bit, i am enjoying it a lot more

Hope to come to some meets and check out some sweet rides :)

I love the kreisegg exhaust on SUGA. Use to be my fav loooking golf until she dumped it and change the wheels from those mad JDM wheels she had on.looks way better when its not dumped imo

Welcome.

BTW. You're far from being the only Non Megane owner here, most of us drive Clios in various forms. lol