2012 RS 265 Trophy

eznmoe

Hey, Guys.

I recently became the proud owner of a 2012 Megane RS 265 L.E. I couldn't be happier with my choice of car.

I'm thinking of upgrading the exhaust system on RS. I've heard good things about the Italian's Supersprint set up.

Can you guys advise me on any other options? Please only seasoned advice as I am new to the Renault scene. I previously had modified 3 generations of Subaru WRX and STi cars so I am a complete newb again ahaha.

Thanks in advance.

Ktec are the biggest RS tuner in the UK & i believe the system is made in the UK to their spec.

I'm sure some 250/265 owners on here would have this system or one built to the same specs.

The important features to look for are similar to a good STI system... 3" stainless, turbo back, hi flow cat, flex joint, quality muffler etc.

Generally speaking the Ktec stuff is good quality though can be a little expensive.

Ktec are the biggest RS tuner in the UK & i believe the system is made in the UK to their spec.

I'm sure some 250/265 owners on here would have this system or one built to the same specs.

The important features to look for are similar to a good STI system... 3" stainless, turbo back, hi flow cat, flex joint, quality muffler etc.

Generally speaking the Ktec stuff is good quality though can be a little expensive.

Just to add. Supersprint products are even more expensive.

Ive sourced out 3 local workshops here in Sydney that do catback installations. It all averages about 2k

Agreed, but you cannot just replace the downpipe alone, tuning is a must with downpipe replacement, add that expense in also. if your after performance gains that's the way to go, if your just after a bit of a note from the exhaust, just remove the centre silencer on your stock system. prob $50-80 from a good exhaust place, or get a catback non resonated, my scorpion was about $700 to my door, 20 mins to change if you have a hoist

• 1 month later...
Hey, Guys.

I recently became the proud owner of a 2012 Megane RS 265 L.E. I couldn't be happier with my choice of car.

I'm thinking of upgrading the exhaust system on RS. I've heard good things about the Italian's Supersprint set up.

Can you guys advise me on any other options? Please only seasoned advice as I am new to the Renault scene. I previously had modified 3 generations of Subaru WRX and STi cars so I am a complete newb again ahaha.

Thanks in advance.

Depends if you are after noise or performance. Noise can be accomplished quite cheaply.

• 4 years later...

I'm looking to get a better note from my RS 265, what's the best way to achieve this?  Do I need to replace the exhaust?

Maybe start with a centre resonator removal, which is cheap and done by many 250/265 owners.  Deeper tone and way more pops and bangs.

If that's not enough then you can look at muffler changes.  Full exhaust systems are available but are obviously a lot more expensive for what some would say isn't a much better sound.