New guy in Sydney...

Harry.

Hi OzRS,

I'm 22, in my final semester of a BA at Macquarie (North Ryde) and looking at purchasing a RSC197 within the next few months. I've got the cash, have done my research and it seems like the Frenchies have got the formula right with the Clio. I was keen on a MK5 gti for a while but the stiff chassis and high revving N/A engine of the Clio has almost got me sold.

One question, and I realise I may be asking a lot; is there anyone in Sydney, preferably northside, whose 197/200 I could come and have a look at? If someone could take me for a quick drive that would be even better. I'd just like to get a feel for the car, it's size, interior and of course performance...I have literally never seen one in the flesh! The willing owner would of course be reimbursed with a 6-pack or, perhaps more fittingly, a bottle of wine.

Harry.

Mmm, 6 pack of beer :drool:

Welcome to the forum mate!

It's worth noting that, unless you're getting a R27, you'll have regular seats in the 197 so sitting in a Recaro-equipped 200 Trophee may not be entirely relevant.

A couple of us are going to the Euro Style Tuning meet in Silverwater next month (25th to be exact) so that's a good chance to finally see one. You could also vote and help us win the best club while you're there. :wink:

Welcome mate, hope you get your bum in a seat soon.

A couple of us are going to the Euro Style Tuning meet in Silverwater next month (25th to be exact) so that's a good chance to finally see one. You could also vote and help us win the best club while you're there. :wink:

I like your style Nemz.

... mine is a 182 Cup (which, as we all know, remains the benchmark by which all other Clios are judged). :mrgreen:

I thought that was the ph1 172 :news:

• 3 months later...