Why am I having to re-login every 5 minutes?

RBH58

I sometimes have this problem. Solid ADSL 2+ here.

Edit: this happened before the "server swap" happened, and not since.

i get these 5 minute dropouts when I log into OZRS from work. Using the same computer & browser at home using home broadband it does not happen.

Web access at work is via a proxy server in Singapore, at home its a direct connection to the ISP. Are the people having these problems going through some sort of web proxy server too?

Same problem when using phone's 3G connection.

Easy fix, though. Tick the "log me on automatically" option when you enter your credentials. It doesn't drop out but sometimes you have to click "log out" a couple of times as the session changes.

Yeah my work connection runs a Singapore proxy, used to be a North American proxy and I have to relogin every now and then. Seems to be better since switching to the SingProxy but still have to relogin if I've been away for a little while.

Easy fix, though. Tick the "log me on automatically" option when you enter your credentials. It doesn't drop out but sometimes you have to click "log out" a couple of times as the session changes.

I do....doesn't help

I'm gathering then that you need to have a continuous connection with the server and that any dip in service may cause the login to drop which surprises me because I though that when you clicked the "keep me logged in option" you'd be operating off a cookie? I didn't have this problem before the server move.