New here.

Gilbo

Hello

I am also new to Renault, but not an owner yet. I am waiting for the RS265 Trophy to hit the shores, after having a few test drives of the RS250's, I am "SOLD". Time to off-load the SSV beast and purchase a vehicle more economical but yet still have the performance to enjoy. Actually the RS250 was more fun to drive :o , yes! the Renault RS series of vehicles are amazing.

Will see a few of you on the roads around Melbourne.

Cheers

Hello

I am also new to Renault, but not an owner yet. I am waiting for the RS265 Trophy to hit the shores, after having a few test drives of the RS250's, I am "SOLD". Time to off-load the SSV beast and purchase a vehicle more economical but yet still have the performance to enjoy. Actually the RS250 was more fun to drive :o , yes! the Renault RS series of vehicles are amazing.

Will see a few of you on the roads around Melbourne.

Cheers

Look forward to it Gilbo. Watch the Vic "Social Events" page for "drive days". These are usually a lot of fun.

Hey Gilbo, welcome!

I've split your post off from the previous conversation, as you are clearly a discerning individual, and are deserving of your own thread :)

I feel a Warrandyte Coffee on the horizon, would be good to have you along to a social event soon! :D

Thank-you for your responses, Griffin - YES! a coffee in Warrandyte will be on the cards as that road does test your car for handling and performance.

Nemz - I am one for not playing around to much with the factory tunings/etc and I was told by the dealer that the exhaust note is throatier with the 265. The dealer didnt give me an exact arrival of the RS265 but it would be around Aug-Sept this year. I am actually going to be in France in June this year (lucky me) driving around the wine districts, so I am going to do some investigation of my own. I may even get the chance to test drive an RS265 while I'm there :dance:

Apex - Missing the V8, well I will miss the 6L V8, 6sp manual :nod: , my next vehicle was going to be a Clubsport R8 but cost has blown that idea out of the water. The days of me needing a petrol thirsty, tow car are over for the moment so I looked around for a replacement and stumbled across an amazing smaller car - The RS250 Cup. One test drive is all it took for me to make my final decision for my next car :D:hyper: .

Hey gilbo

Youll miss the 6L V8, but you will gain an appreciation for amazing handling, grip, braking, exclusivity and general seat of the pants fun. Theres ongoing debate about readily available and cheaper 250 vs (yet unknown price) 265. Personally, i like to have the newest possible variant at the time of buying but its upto you. The 265 will offer a more chatty exhaust though, with pops and bangs to add character. All the best

- Sam

Looking forward to catching up with you on the next event. Welcome.

Living near the Warrandyte area? I'll probably be seeing you around a bit.

Hi Ligerzero, I am in the Glen Waverley area but as I am a shift worker, I tend to go driving around all areas so I may pass some of you on the roads.

Hey gilbo

Youll miss the 6L V8, but you will gain an appreciation for amazing handling, grip, braking, exclusivity and general seat of the pants fun. Theres ongoing debate about readily available and cheaper 250 vs (yet unknown price) 265. Personally, i like to have the newest possible variant at the time of buying but its upto you. The 265 will offer a more chatty exhaust though, with pops and bangs to add character. All the best

- Sam

Hey Sam, I too like to have the newest possible variant at the time, and for me, that will be September this year after my short break from driving :wink:

Nemz - I am one for not playing around to much with the factory tunings/etc and I was told by the dealer that the exhaust note is throatier with the 265. The dealer didnt give me an exact arrival of the RS265 but it would be around Aug-Sept this year.

I agree with you there - at least while the car is under warranty. With the 265 you get a bit of exclusivity as well :)

• 3 weeks later...