New to RS....

col23j

Hi everyone,

I am 3-4 days away from collecting my first ever Renault Sport... I chose a Megane RS250 Cup. Black with Black Mag wheels.

Ill be honest here, at the risk of criticism. For a long time i had only considered the Golf GTI as my next set of wheels. I am quite fond of the FWD Turbo Hatch genre and for the mainstream the Golf has been the undisputed top of the food chain.

Luckily for me, an acquaintance at work corrected me on my one eyed views and merely suggested I check out the RS250 before i place any orders. Well when i looked at it online i liked it, when i saw it in person i loved it and once i drove it i knew i had to have it. That only left me with one problem, convincing the finance officer that it was worth our hard earned $$$... After countless hours of dropping hints and leaving photos she agreed to take it for a test drive. She had only driven it for roughly a kilometre when she turned to me, laughed and said "i love it". We signed up that day.

Anyways thats my only experience with RS so far however if our first impressions are even remotely close i know im going to be a very happy man come later this week.

Ill be sure to get some photos up once i have taken delivery and hopefully catch up with others who 1. love their own RS and 2. Know a lot more about them me (purely for my benefit). Im in the Parramatta area and from reading on here i know there is at least one other local.

Have fun driving, see you round

Colin

Welcome, Colin. :)

The community is fantastic, and I think the NSW boys have an event really soon... Check the social events section.

No criticism here, hope your ownership experience is all you wish for.

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your stay!

But then again, I'm not a very good passenger :)

Being the passenger of your own car is the worst... You always think to your self " Gee they cant drive for sh..." haha

Ill be honest here, at the risk of criticism. For a long time i had only considered the Golf GTI as my next set of wheels. I am quite fond of the FWD Turbo Hatch genre and for the mainstream the Golf has been the undisputed top of the food chain.

If anybody on this here forum ever had a *serious* go at somebody for only looking at the GTI, then they deserve a clip across the ears. I'd like to think we're a pretty accepting lot most of the time. Ultimately we're all just car tragics, albeit tragics with a peculiar penchant for Gallic craziness!

Congratulations! The black-on-black is a great look! I was in a similar position myself. I spotted the RS250 at the motor show a few years back and wanted one. But I was also a big fan of the Golf GTI. It was a close call at one stage, to be honest, because VW were quite negotiable on the price, good trade-in and even let me take the car for a good 40 minute test drive by myself. I was impressed by the GTI, I won't lie. It's very refined and drives so sedately, but can be fun when you push it. I can't really explain it, but as James May says, I just didn't feel any 'fizz' in my pants. I test drove the RS250 and knew immediately it was the crazy replacement for the XR4 I was looking for. The rest is history.

Welcome to the fold. And feel free to post up pics whenever you like :)