aussiefrogs?

e.Sport

there has been some discussions on aussiefrogs re rsc owners, drive days & other stuff. i have seen some ozrs members posting as well (yours included)... there seems to be a muted point that there arent as many rsc/rsm owners "contributing to social events, drive days etc..." af members have also noted that some ozrs ers have come on one or 2 drive days & thats it...

i picked up on this particular thread http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showth ... 783&page=3 :idea: that ozrs members (due to the possible lack of numbers) have an alternative club/forum to go to as opposed to af where the predominant cars on most drive days are pug 205, 206, 306, 405, 505 (including all variants gti, mi, s etc...) + a sprinkling of citroen & renaults... i also note that the last major drive day, sept 24 there was a mixture of af & ozrs drivers present...

i agree with the above paragraph, so do you ozrs members have any further thoughts/comments

:?: e.sport

From my understanding, most RenaultSport owners are pretty hardcore drivers... those who have been on AF runs and 206-list runs have noted how much slower the general pace is. I am not a member of AF, and only go there if someone posts a link that needs perusing. I can't say that I am particulary a great fan of French cars, it's just that some of the cars I like happen to be built by French companies. I love my Clio Sport (but may never buy another Renault in future) and prefer to be involved in a forum that is dedicated to that, so I'm not one to look at sites that have minimal discussion on the car I drive.

My involvment as Admin in this forum is due to my fondness & dedication to the car itself, and the like-minded individuals that make this a great focused community.

As for the lower numbers of RSC/RSM owners participating in AF drives, that may be simply due to the fact that there are less per capita out there compared to Peugeots anyway!

Cheers, Dish.

From my understanding, most RenaultSport owners are pretty hardcore drivers... those who have been on AF runs and 206-list runs have noted how much slower the general pace is. I am not a member of AF, and only go there if someone posts a link that needs perusing. I can't say that I am particulary a great fan of French cars, it's just that some of the cars I like happen to be built by French companies. I love my Clio Sport (but may never buy another Renault in future) and prefer to be involved in a forum that is dedicated to that, so I'm not one to look at sites that have minimal discussion on the car I drive.

My involvment as Admin in this forum is due to my fondness & dedication to the car itself, and the like-minded individuals that make this a great focused community.

As for the lower numbers of RSC/RSM owners participating in AF drives, that may be simply due to the fact that there are less per capita out there compared to Peugeots anyway!

Cheers, Dish.

fair enough dish, "my involvment ... in this forum is due to my fondness & dedication to the car itself, and the like-minded individuals that make this a great focused community."

:) i agree

although we can all learn a little from each other... its a free country...

The last OzRS Sydney drive day was publicised on AF - basically an open invite by ClioRS to get some of the Pug 206 guys along to meet them, and go on a drive with cars of well really, very similar type/purpose. There was some interest but on the day there were no non RSC drivers to be seen.

MY4 and myself (and GTi124 on AF) organised the 2nd AF anniversary BBQ up here - attended by 25-30 cars, the most represented being the RSC.

So maybe we have the opposite "problem" in Sydney!!!!

Check out 206gti.net - we're not the only ones with a "dedicated" model forum!

Cheers, Dish.

I was gonna say the same thing :P except for the admin part.

I'm on AF, and I do like French cars other than the Clio.

I went to an AF Canberra meet last month with some pugs and minis, but otherwise it seems the Sydney AF guys don't get drives happening like we do on here.

Also, RS owners seem to be more inclined to actually turn up :roll:

Check out 206gti.net - we're not the only ones with a "dedicated" model forum!

yeap, seen it & directed my bro to it (the black 206gti that pops booted back into shape...) very extensive site, lots of how to... with piccys as well :)

trawling through the drive day pics, i came across some rsc car/s... as well 8)

Cheers, Dish.

Same thing that he ^ said... :)

Post doesn't seem very relevant anyway. Only 2 people discussed it....

I can't say that I am particulary a great fan of French cars, it's just that some of the cars I like happen to be built by French companies.

Cheers, Dish.

Same thing that he ^ said... :)

Post doesn't seem very relevant anyway. Only 2 people discussed it....

its relevant enough - forum dedicated to all french marques - wasnt about the number of posts, it was more about the drive days hosted by either forum... :idea: