Daylight savings time

EJ

the clock on this forum hasn't been set to daylight savings time.

still 1 hour behind.

yes, somewhat confusing,

especially when your eyes are on the date & time at the top of the window then you see the actual time :shock: omg i'm gonna be late...

not really an issue though... as an afterthought. e.sport

As I said in another thread...

Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:33 pm

I tried changing it from GMT +10 to +11 but nothing changed in the front end as far as I could tell, even though the change was registered in the Admin section. I then changed it back to +10 in case the server needs to change to daylight savings mode. Any ideas rexstatic?

:?

Perhaps it's the internal clock on the server itself that needs prodding?

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, I have done some searching on this topic..

Short answer is its easiest if you go into your profile and add an hour to the time zone. So for us east coasters, use GMT+11.

The bulletin doesnt have the feautre built in as there are so many variations on whos in what time zone, and changing the whole board due to EST or similar isnt gunna work..

Sorry for the hassle, but you will all have to log into your profile twice a year and change manually..

unless you live in QLD of course, where they cant cope with the idea of changing your clock and not actually being god. :P

PaulD

Guys, I have done some searching on this topic..

Short answer is its easiest if you go into your profile and add an hour to the time zone. So for us east coasters, use GMT+11.

The bulletin doesnt have the feautre built in as there are so many variations on whos in what time zone, and changing the whole board due to EST or similar isnt gunna work..

Sorry for the hassle, but you will all have to log into your profile twice a year and change manually..

unless you live in QLD of course, where they cant cope with the idea of changing your clock and not actually being god. :P

PaulD

Which of course is the correct way to go about this.

And for us West Aussie who don't need to change our clocks over twice a year

the time is spot on all the time. Now if the founding fathers had had the common sense

to link the eastern seaboards time to say, Auckland, then youd never need to have daylight

saving. WA has about 30 mins of daylight saving all the time as our local time is set at Kalgoorlie

which is about 700 km east of Perth :)

Thats really why we can't be bothered by daylight saving monkey shines, we already have it.

cheers,