look central coast renault owners

wato

Hey im sort of new to this but does anyone wanna meet up to talk renault related things and to help a newb like my self.

i was thinking we should have a gathering at a cafe on the central coast and anyone is welcome to come.

anyone up for it?

Hi Khan,

Welcome aboard. I'm a bit far for a cafe run, but hope others post up interest on it.

In the meantime... feel free to ask any questions you may have.

We're happy to help.

Cheers,

WOLF

Hi and welcome wato/Khan 8)

Assuming you mean QLD central coast? There's a social section that you can post up in - not everyone reads the newbies part of the forum.

Please tell us more about your 172 and ownership history.

Cheers, Dish.

Welcome wato. As previously mentioned- would love to know the story behind your beast 8)

Your first Renault? Colour/year etc? Owned from new or new to you?

You don't (of course) have to address any of the above, but we're all keen to keep track of these little monsters around Oz, and everyone has a story to tell, even if they don't know it just yet. Again, welcome, and I hope you get your social fix soon! :D

Hey guys thanks for the reply's

I live on the central coast in NSW near gosford

I bought my first renault last year around July from a guy in sydney

Its a 2003 clio 172 sport

Black Pearl

i've replaced the rear muffler with a pretty much straight through system.. its sought of loud but not really.

Some of you probably won't be pleased to hear that i'm a p plater and this is my first real car.

But when i was looking for a car i wanted something different and fun.

So i looked at Audi's (were way underpowered and too heavy), then i checked renault out because my dad had a fuego and a 16, and his father has a 19 and has had a 2 other renaults but i can't recall what they are at the moment.

So i found the Clio Sport and thought it looked cool and did heaps of research on it over a few months and i decided that was the only car i wanted. When i took one for a test drive it nearly broke my neck, so i had to get one. So i waited for the right one to come along and i got it, about 12-18 hours after it went on carsales.

So please don't shun me for being young, because i treat it with more respect than myself :D

It is literally the best car ever!!!!

Welcome Khan, not all members are oldies, some just look it, :) so don't worry. Good to see P platers finding the love and not just driving Jap cars.

There are a few members up that way, so keep an eye out.

Make sure that you post some photos of the little beast, so we don't think your Frank!!! Love to see the straight through pipe..

Welcome Khan, not all members are oldies, some just look it, :) so don't worry. Good to see P platers finding the love and not just driving Jap cars.

There are a few members up that way, so keep an eye out.

Make sure that you post some photos of the little beast, so we don't think your Frank!!! Love to see the straight through pipe..

Thanks man

can i post them directly to this page, some how?

Hi Khan,

Welcome Mate. You're right alot of the members here are old and boring, it's ok though I'm with you, sucks to be young...

I'm actually working weekends up the coast at the moment (only weekends).... but am on hols for the next two. (if that makes sense).

I'll let you know when I'm back.

Ab

cool thanks man

btw i'm in sydney(at UTS) mondays and wednesday to friday.

so if your near there let me know

Whats this OPH your talking about?

Old Putty Hwy

can i post them directly to this page, some how?

Khan, you need an account on photobucket or similar, then copy code and paste, easy once you get the hang of it.

Hi Khan,

Welcome Mate. You're right alot of the members here are old and boring, it's ok though I'm with you, sucks to be young...

Weekly facial can do wonders for your complexion. :wink:

Hi Khan,

Weekly facial can do wonders for your complexion. :wink:yeah

:D lol

Thanks man for suggesting photobucket

What a brilliant introduction! Young man, you'll fit right in here amongst us old and young-at-heart nutcases :lol:

Take care of her, and I sincerely hope your friends are blown away with your choice.

Looks Good. Copy IMG code......

Image024.jpg

Thanks man

What a brilliant introduction! Young man, you'll fit right in here amongst us old and young-at-heart nutcases :lol:

Take care of her, and I sincerely hope your friends are blown away with your choice.

Thanks, yeah well i guess you do have to be a nutcase to drive one of these renaults. I think renault owners are much better then most other car clubs, because the people have more of a sense of humour and the cars do too :D.

and my friends are blown away and always try and race me. but as soon as i hit the bends they are no where to be seen.

by the way i love these pics

Image035.jpg

and

Image030.jpg

Looks nice mate.

If you drive to sydney do yourself a favour and go back (or down, but I prefer back) the old pacific hwy. It is an absolute blast.

Try to find a decent mechanic up there or bring it to sydney. I used to use Robbies automotive at gosford for my audi quattro as he use to race them.

Also it is important to find out if the belts (timinig and accessory) have been changed because if they fail you are up for a new motor.

I think the intervals are 60k or 5 years. Can someone correct me if I'm wrong ?

Enjoy your beast

Looks nice mate.

If you drive to sydney do yourself a favour and go back (or down, but I prefer back) the old pacific hwy. It is an absolute blast.

Try to find a decent mechanic up there or bring it to sydney. I used to use Robbies automotive at gosford for my audi quattro as he use to race them.

Also it is important to find out if the belts (timinig and accessory) have been changed because if they fail you are up for a new motor.

I think the intervals are 60k or 5 years. Can someone correct me if I'm wrong ?

Enjoy your beast

Thanks mate.

Yeah i love the old pacific hwy

yeah i've got 2 mechanics, one is my sisters boyfriend (he's a european mechanic) and my local mechanic who is the most tedious person, his workshop is perfectly clean, and when he has a car like mine or my dads he doesn't have any other cars in the garage and works on them for the whole day, doing it right.

Thanks for the suggestions

it had its timing belt done at 5 years and its only got 40000kms on it now. its got a really extensive service history too. the guy owned it before, loved it and had every receipt for everything ever done to it.

When i took one for a test drive it nearly broke my neck, so i had to get one.

:rofl: Nice.

Always look good in black...makes me miss my 2nd Clio :cry: ...she went too young.

Cheers,

WOLF

• 3 weeks later...

Yes lol that was me just coming home from playing hockey.. :D

i spotted your car and thought i wonder if he is apart of the ozrenaultsport forums and you were.

!!nice car man!! :D

where were you headed and where are you from??

oh cool.. i live down at kariong so i'm about 4 minutes from the old pacific HWY :dance:

Thanks man.. its pretty stock

except for the sticker and the basically straight exhaust

you was nice when i saw it i was 'OMG thats a megane Renault sport f1' :D

When i took one for a test drive it nearly broke my neck, so i had to get one.

:rofl: Nice.

Always look good in black...makes me miss my 2nd Clio :cry: ...she went too young.

Cheers,

WOLF

Never fear mr Wolf.She may have"went" from you,but she still lives and goes really well with me.

Oh and my wife loves it too.

hey khan. im also on the central coast. i think you may have pulled up beside me at kariong last sunday (8th may), i was in the black megane sport. i didnt think there were too many rs owners on the coast.would be keen to meet up with you and other central coast rs owners. have had mine for about 2 months now and havent looked back. get back to us if you are keen.

cheers.

ben

hey khan. im also on the central coast. i think you may have pulled up beside me at kariong last sunday (8th may), i was in the black megane sport. i didnt think there were too many rs owners on the coast.would be keen to meet up with you and other central coast rs owners. have had mine for about 2 months now and havent looked back. get back to us if you are keen.

cheers.

ben

lol yes that was me.. saw your car and thought nice.. another rs on the coast..

where on the coast are you from??

yeah sure i'm keen. :D . dont know anyone else on the coast with a rs though..

Let me know when your going cause i'll probably come along

There's about 3 different groups (MX5's VW's the odd retro) the more the merrier! , we all meet at Pie in the Sky for a coffee & chat.

Sweet! I'll come along :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Cen Coast OzRser's Would one of you guys be able to do me a 10min favor to save the the trip up to there Cen Coast?

I just got a call from Wyong council telling me to get my directional signs off the side of the highway in Wadalba. I just need them picked up and either you can take them home and I'll get them from there or you can drop them to the Allworth Homes displays on Sparks road in Woongarrah.

They are an A2 (double A3) piece of coreflute sign with a short wooden stake attached to it. There is only about 8-10 of them.

Heaps of free wax posted free ( http://tinyurl.com/3k9odnq ) for the helpful CenCoaster.

Thanks in advance.