Elf oil in Melbourne?

velocitygt2

Any reason you want to go for Elf?

Castrol Edge and Mobil 1 are both better IMO

What makes you say that? Many of us on this forum have been using Elf for many years and we can all atest to it.

Mobil 1 and Edge might be just as good, but why change a good thing?

What makes you say that? Many of us on this forum have been using Elf for many years and we can all atest to it.

Mobil 1 and Edge might be just as good, but why change a good thing?

TBH, quality fully synthetic oil is quality synthetic oil (for the better part). I've found most success for NA motors from Mobil 1, and my turbo cars always responded better on Castrol Edge...... BUT, you really can't go wrong with any quality oil.

Never-the-less, point is... both are much more readily available and cheaper than Elf... so why go through all that hassle for a comparable product?

hmm

mobil 5w30 is around the $90RRP mark,

mobil 5w50 is around $75RRP mark,

mobil 0w40 is around the $100RRP mark,

Castrol Edge 5w30 is around the 55-60 mark,

ELF 5w40 is around the $60 mark,

you wouldn't catch me putting a 5w30 in my engine.. a 5w40 or 5w50 are much better oils..

ELF gives you more protection than a 5w30 oil and costs $60.. winner in my books..

imo if you want a good cheap oil, ide get the mobil 5w50, elf 5w40, or the penrite Sin 5w60. can be had for 75dollars or less and gives the engine all the protection that it requires..