Having fun in my new Megane sport

beason

Hi Oz Renault people,

Have just picked up an 05 black 5 door megane sport and absolutely loving it.

I've spent a couple of hours reading through the forums and there seems to be a lot of knowledgable people in here. Would love to check out (in the flesh) what some people are up to with there Renault's as know doubt I will do some tinkering in a couple of months, so feel free to let me know if there's a meet happening round Sydney way.

So far the to do list looks like it's containing:

- upgrade to 18" cup rims

- Fastchip upgrade

- possible LSD depending on above remap

(all subject to treasury approval aka the wife)

Feel free to let me know if these are the best value for money mods, or if there's anything else I should be considering.

Cheers

Beau

So far the to do list looks like it's containing:

- upgrade to 18" cup rims

- Fastchip upgrade

- possible LSD depending on above remap

Feel free to let me know if these are the best value for money mods, or if there's anything else I should be considering

The only other thing I would say that's a 'must have' is an upgraded intercooler.

Unless you live in Tassie, once you have a remap done the stock IC won't be up to the job in the warmer months.

• 2 weeks later...
First national park run and now definitely understand what you mean about going to the track. Cops were out in force and it's just too easy / fun to go over those speed *cough* guidelines

Especially when parts of the Natio where you'd actually be having fun at 80km/h in an 80km/h zone are now 60km/h :bitch:

Especially when parts of the Natio where you'd actually be having fun at 80km/h in an 80km/h zone are now 60km/h :bitch:

yes , where did you see the filth there + day of week and time ?

sharing info can help save us now the rta reduced the number on the signs from 80 to 60 for no reason at all .

Sunday afternoon around 2.

It was hot with so many people out and about but damn, had 3 minutes of just pure joy.

Coppers were hanging out near where you can duck up to Waterfall, and also on the big open area near Garie turnoff.

PS - Just had a chat to Paul V and turns out the car is remapped and has uprated injectors already. Someone will be having stage 2 dreams tonight :D