Im the new guy!

My Name is Earl

Hi! My name is actually Michael. I'mfrom Victoria but recently relocated to Sydney. I've owned an 03 172 for 2 years. I love it to bits- has never let me down. I enjoy when people dis the clio. It gives me great pleasure racing off at the lights and waving goodbye or to hear them rave about it later on.

Unfortunely I purchased the car in the middle of my apprenticeship and so the service history has been up and down since. I missed the timing belt service by 7000kms- $6.80 an hour will do that :oops: . Anyways the doom and gloom will soon be over as I'll be qualified in the coming months, and thus on serious wages. I want to make it up to my workhorse 172 in the form of a top notch service and also take the oppurtunity to personalise what remains a stock car,

So rather then clogging all the sub forums up with questions that have been answered a millions times over already, I think I'll confine my queries to this thread for now.

- I'd like to install a V6/ Trophy rear spoiler. Are there any distributers in the sydney area? Are there threads dedicated to installing one?

- Front bar lip is also something I'd like to install. Are there distributers of such products in Sydney? I've heard whispers of people retro-fitting SEAT/ Scoda (I really cannot remember) bars to their clios. Has anyone here done it and is the saving worth the effort?

- I've been reading the thread about Paul V's handy work, and am determined to spend top dollar having him weaving his magic. When does Paul go back to work? Is any of his previous customers willing to PM me an idea of how much his services cost?

Thanks for reading and I'm sure I'll have tonnes of fun reading these forums and mayeb even meeting some of you. RenaultSport for life. Lol that sounds so stupid but its true :D

Cheers. Michael

Hiya!

PaulV charges what he's worth from every single account I've heard.

Glad the wee beasty is treating you well, and hope you'll be around for a while yet.

The Skoda splitter is somewhere in the region of $30, and installation is DIY-able. More in the Clio II section :wink:

No guides available for the larger spoiler, but beware, as the light fitting is ordered separately :D

Hey thanks for all the replies. Wolf I recieved your PM and it seems joining this forum will save time, money and any possible frustration in the future when it comes time to modify my lil' bugger :mrgreen:

Just a side note but noticed a fair few Brissie based members on here. Good luck tonight and onwards with this flood business. Keep your family, pets and Renaultsports high and dry. All the best.

Hey thanks for all the replies. Wolf I recieved your PM and it seems joining this forum will save time, money and any possible frustration in the future when it comes time to modify my lil' bugger :mrgreen:

Just a side note but noticed a fair few Brissie based members on here. Good luck tonight and onwards with this flood business. Keep your family, pets and Renaultsports high and dry. All the best.

Modify yes, but don't forget "maintain" as they really like the TLC.

On the other topic, cheers and looky here:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18766