not so newbie

berniebern

I had the pleasure of purchasing RS-225's BO 225 and picked it up yesterday.

The obvious difference between this and the clio is the amount of power on tap but i was also surprised at how planted this thing is. There is a real difference I think with what a cup version brings even over a Clio with mild suspension mods. The comfort level is superb and feels like a bit of a cruiser. Can't wait for the drive up to Sydney next week and with cruise...finally!!

So i guess its back to the drawing board and learning all about a Renault again.

photo.jpg

photo_2.jpg

oh wow! Congrats dude! Yeah, they are definitely more of a GT car than hot-hatch. More grown up in every respect, but still a rebellious youth at heart :D

You'll have to buy a calendar as it's featured in it!! LOL

Gratz mate. How much faster is it assuming you're fanging both. I.e the torque is great, but when balls to the wall, I reckon the clio'd be pretty quick when keeping it above 5k through the gears.

Shucks, I don't want to know. I screwed up royally 3 days after getting the Clio (6 mth suspension) and not making the same mistake with this one. I'll just say that getting to 5,000 happens from 2,000 and there' still so much more to play with after that :twisted: When you're shifting at 55-60km the RSM is still in 1st up until about 70.

Again, the comfort level is amazing and it's so quiet inside unless you wind down the windows and hear the whistle when the turbo spools. The windows are tinted so you do feel isolated from the outside but in a good sense. Blind spots will take some getting used to. Either the B pillar or from what I have heard maybe the headrest is a big culprit.

Thanks for all the grats. I just can't believe I contemplated an XR5 overs this or even an MPS. It's sinfully good looking and has such a presence, not only because of that a*** but because it's unique in every way. I can't see the shape outdating. It does feel like you've grown up, a right of passage maybe if you love Renaults.

Poor Clio is now at the back of the carport...

Congrats - Happy to have some chats on Meggys!

Nothing wrong with having 2 RS's in the stable :D

Also - RS tuner makes a big increase in midrange torque. Initially i was a little underwhelmed by the lack of punch once it gets on song.. however the RS Tuner fixed that nicely.

Happy spooling

Chris

Congrats - Happy to have some chats on Meggys!

Nothing wrong with having 2 RS's in the stable :D

Also - RS tuner makes a big increase in midrange torque. Initially i was a little underwhelmed by the lack of punch once it gets on song.. however the RS Tuner fixed that nicely.

Happy spooling

Chris

I'm currently finding out if I can use my Clio module on the rsm with a new license. Will be running to get a trickle charger if so.

Anthony, was great to deal and meet with you. Thanks for your time in delivering earlier than expected. I actually felt bad taking it away as I drove off.

Awesome choice, welcome back :)

Getting a Meggy after owning a Clip is kind of like growing up in many ways. Its not something you really want to do, but its inevitable, and its an improvement in many ways. If there are any drawbacks, you soon forget them.

I guess I'm not quite ready to grow up yet :lol: