Newbie from SA

Ash225

Yes, welcome.

I've been here for a couple of months and learned a few things about my car in that time.

I'm considering driving to Adelaide in February...not really the most exciting trip for the R26 but beats the bus/plane and then hiring a car when I get there.

Thanks guys, firstly she's black, so sexy but damn hard to keep clean...

Sorry guys I dont have any Pic's on my work PC, but I will get some uploaded and post them.

@ eraser215 -I really enjoy driving cars that handle well, and I always found that the Meg 225 was rated very highly around the world and also has a very strong engine, and I think that led to my purchase of the 225. yep, Im part of the RS Club in SA, and there's alot of us that meet up regularly and do some breakfast runs as well as track days.

You guys are welcome to join our SA Club/ forum: the address is : www.renault-sport.co.za or http://renaultsport.myfastforum.org

I actually ordered a fastchip rs turner kit and found this site link there.(And it would be really nice if some of you guys using the RS Tuner could enlighten me on your experience with the software)

@Chris - No, I got an E4 5 door. My friend has a Special Limited Edition R26 here- only 26 of those were brought into SA- His is number 17/26.

Thanks again guys, I guess you'll find almost all Renault drivers are very friendly and helpful

You guys are welcome to join our SA Club/ forum: the address is : http://www.renault-sport.co.za or http://renaultsport.myfastforum.org

I used to be a member on that forum.

Then I got flicked cause I didn't post enough (apparently). :shock:

The Mod I communicated with when I asked to join again was rude and arrogant.

And I wasn't allowed to join again cause I refused to supply certain details about my personal vehicle.

Anyway, I'm sure that wasn't your fault. :wink:

Thanks again guys, I guess you'll find almost all Renault drivers are very friendly and helpful

I think you'll find on this forum ALL are Friendly.

Once again, glad to have you on board. :D

Cheers - Dave.

Sorry about that Dave, ya, the mods are quite strict now, due to some idiots that were causing some sh*t on the forum. Once registered you can view the basic pages of the forum and the reason they ask for your car VIN num is to grant you access to the rest of the forum where it has "Spirted Driving Tales"- this where the guys post all their race tales and stuff, access is restricted so that Our Idiot Traffic Cops dont browse those pages and prosecute us.

Really sorry for the unfriendly Mod, hopefully the rest of the guys are more helpful in future.

Thanks for having me

Cheers

^^ Cheers Ash. :D

You are a much better ambassador for your forum that the person I communicated with. :nod:

Please feel free to join in any discussions on the forum, and if you get a chance.....get some picts up of your ride for us to see.

We welcome all our O/S RS Brothers and Sisters........ :D

Dave.

• 3 months later...

It wasn't me :shock:

Apologies for that Dave, i will look into what happened.. but as ashley said..

the RS club is the constant target from the Ford ST site..

long story, but apologies again, the RS club in south africa is just as friendly as here :)

Belated welcome to you Ash, and welcome to you Jean :)

No point doing the VIN thing here in Australia to keep the police out, as our police forces use unmarked RS cars... and I believe we also have a couple of members who are in the force too!

Thanks Dish

it's actually not really for the cops, as everyone posts race tails in the public section anyways :P

it's mostly just to keep the members only sections exclusive

-technical info on all the range

-members lounge

-club register

-club runs

etc etc :)