Potential 250 Cup purchaser

s4055928

Hi guys,

As previously posted in the "pricing announced" thread I'm looking at potentially getting the RS 250 cup. Having read the pdf brochure since requesting a test drive, to the point of near decomposition, I think (without even driving it) it may be what I'm after :)

I'm actually in a scarily similar situation to ericablack36. I have an 2010 evo X which is currently in the process of being sold (be it a very slow process, too many time wasters) to make way for something smaller. Basically due to a change in employment I will be driving a lot less, and am looking for something small-ish to have a stab in on the weekends. I recently had a very bad experience with VW having put a deposit on a golf R being asked to wait 4 months then come delivery day, wait another 7 months. Needless to say I pulled out and am now really only considering the 250 cup or the GTI golf, although would probably prefer not to deal with the VW guys again.

I'm based in Brisbane and am going out to chat to Cory at the Upper Mount Gravatt dealership. So far he has been very helpful and provided me with answers to every conceivable question I could ask. The only question I have outstanding has come to price. Don't get me wrong, all he has said is a little over 48K on road for the cup, I was more of the belief it was closer to $45k however in all fairness I'm yet to have a face to face with him (going in for a chat this sat), to further question this.

I haven't really had any dealings with Renault in the past, although my dad does have a clio that he has been very happy with :) I understand some people have issues with build quality however to be honest I don't see it in dad's (think its a 2008) so does it seem to be better these days? Also when it comes to servicing are they particularity exorbitant?

Any further info or advice would be greatly appreciated, looking forward to finding out more about this car :D

Cheers

Nick

the new one is built well . my R26 has been faultless . servicing same cost as everything else .

you will get bored with a golf . to drive and to look at .

its a new model , a very well thought of model , much rarer than the ubiquitous gti and you will pay a bit more for it .

order soon or face a wait list . at least its worth waiting for ! :]

Price wise, shop around, make them battle - to the death!

Before you sign anything though, send me a PM and i'll see what if i can get any push at Metro Renault. I deal with the parts dept mainly, but you never know. Don't forget to ask for extended warranty etc.

If for some reason you do opt for the VW (God know s why) but if you do, i'll be dealign with them locally too, so can help in that dept when service or parts needs come up.

I have to ask this.. have you SEEN the 250?! ...with all due respect, based on your choices above (and any other for that matter), the potential question should be, "what colour should i get?"

I should get started on the VW forums... and then send everyone over here. :mrgreen:

Good luck with it all, yes i envy you while the 250 is a candidate, and come out for a local drive day when you get her (confidence).

Cheers,

WOLF 250 :drool:

So just home from the Renault dealership (Upper Mount Gravatt), spent close to 1 hour there having a chat in regards to the RS 250 cup. The guy I was talking to seemed to be the only sales member in the renault section and as such when I first arrived it was a bit of a wait as someone else was having a test drive, however I was let into a nice air conditioned office and given the actual painted color samples and a brochure to pass the time with.

They are getting in a Trophee in yellow with 19's and all the other bells and whistles. However I'm am just after the cup with no bells and maybe a horn :P Overall pretty happy with the service the sticky point was still the price, and perhaps I'm being unreasonable. Again I was quoted $48 ish which included close to $3k dealer delivery (For a cup completely standard but with lunar grey paint). I asked about the discrepancy between the prices on the Renault Aust web site and the price I was being told and the explanation was that Renault Aust had not factored in a realistic dealer delivery amount. It could be reduced however the car may not be checked over thoroughly/cleaned etc at the docks.... anyhow the price advertised on the Renault Aust website was offered eventually. $46,650 drive away.

I was really hoping to get around the $45k drive away or am I being unrealistic as the above is the rrp?

Cheers

Nick

Welcome Nick! Great choice with the 250. By all accounts they're an absolute cracker. Being a brand new model in Aus, I would expect you to be offered the full recommended drive away price. Perhaps if you waited a few months it would drop, but then, who wants to wait 8)

Keep us updated with your progress!

So just home from the Renault dealership (Upper Mount Gravatt), spent close to 1 hour there having a chat in regards to the RS 250 cup. The guy I was talking to seemed to be the only sales member in the renault section and as such when I first arrived it was a bit of a wait as someone else was having a test drive, however I was let into a nice air conditioned office and given the actual painted color samples and a brochure to pass the time with.

They are getting in a Trophee in yellow with 19's and all the other bells and whistles. However I'm am just after the cup with no bells and maybe a horn :P Overall pretty happy with the service the sticky point was still the price, and perhaps I'm being unreasonable. Again I was quoted $48 ish which included close to $3k dealer delivery (For a cup completely standard but with lunar grey paint). I asked about the discrepancy between the prices on the Renault Aust web site and the price I was being told and the explanation was that Renault Aust had not factored in a realistic dealer delivery amount. It could be reduced however the car may not be checked over thoroughly/cleaned etc at the docks.... anyhow the price advertised on the Renault Aust website was offered eventually. $46,650 drive away.

I was really hoping to get around the $45k drive away or am I being unrealistic as the above is the rrp?

Cheers

Nick

Hey Nick .... I bought our Renault Scenic from these guys. They gave me a very very good price.

Dont know who you were talking to ...but see if you can ask for Senior Ha ... nice guy...you can mention my name ... Dominic .... trust me they can do a better price 8)

• 2 weeks later...
Hi wolf!

I have now been to both dealer ships in Brisbane now and it pretty much looks like if I want one my only option is to pay full $$. The problem I have is I need to wait for the private sale of my Evo first which is taking time (just dropped the price) as the trade in $$ are just not worth it. Which makes a firm order difficult. There is a nice white standard cup as a demo at Windsor however the lowest price is still about $45,000 for a 2010 model that would have 1,500km on it once they can actually let it go. If that is the situation I would rather pay full $$ and wait until next year and get a 2011 that's brand new one.

They just wouldn't move on the price, I was there from 3 till about 6.15pm yesterday. Again I got the same explanation that the Renault Australia web site didn't allow for a realistic dealer delivery amount. (which again was quoted at $3,000) On the other hand the test drive was very good :) and confirmed that it's the car I want!

Cheers

Nick

Hi Nick,

Once you sell your EVO, give me a call or text. I have something lined up for you. Not a massive difference, but definately no full Retail.

BTW, full retail is $47500ish, but Website has it at $46500... i can do better.

What's the go down south, any movement forum?

Cheers,

WOLF

Hi Wolf,

Thanks for your help mate. They came back to me today with an alright offer on the evo so now looking at trading that and taking the white cup demo in stock in about 1 months time if possible. Just waiting for them to get back to me with a price on that :)

They did get back to me with a price for a new one and mentioned you :) and it was a good price :) so thank you for your work!

Will let you konw how it goes with a price on the demo.

Cheers

Nick

WELCOME to the forum Nick.....

At the moment, I drive a VW and let me tell you, the Renault Sport range cars are much more fun to drive...

In regards to price for a CUP RS250, that is a bit too much....

If you have nay furhter questions in regards to the RS250, feel free to PM me....

Ceers,

Joey