Newbie and seeking Megane R26

Kooki

Thought I will introduce myself as I have just signed up on this forum to find out more about this car:

2007 RenaultSport Mégane 230 F1 Team R26

I have been researching my next car as I have sold y previously owned Peugeot 206 GTi180. Currently I drive a Golf MK3 as just a get around and want to go back to a perforamce hatch early next year.

I have been reading all the reviews on the MK6 Golf's and not impressed by the value for money. I have always seen Megane around but honestly didn't fancy the rear look.

A friend sent me a review on a 2007 RenaultSport Mégane 230 F1 Team R26 and I am keenly interested. :lol:

There are a couple for sale at the moment on carsales but waiting to next year to buy and from a car enthusiast.

Welcome aboard Kooki

Great that you're thinking about joining us as an owner, and even happier that you even managed to get the full name of the car, complete with ´ :wink:

The "rear look" is the car's distinction, and you'll soon learn to love it.

Welcome! ive jsut bought a 225 F1 which was the previous 3 Door Cup Chasis limited edition to the R26.

Tanaka has a blackone on for a very resonable price, check the for sale section?

Otherwise: What can we help you with?

The behind is growing on me, ive just debadged mine and given it a good clean, looks the business IMO and far more interesting than a Gold / Focus etc!

Welcome Kooki! You will grow to love the larger bee-hind. For me, the phII Renaultsport Meggys are just gorgeous (particularly in blue, red or yellow), and as Chris said, way more interesting than a GTI, 3MPS, XR5 etc etc.

Hope the forum is of use to you! Where abouts are you located? You should try and get along to a social event and spend some time around some Meggys 8)

Hope the forum is of use to you! Where abouts are you located? You should try and get along to a social event and spend some time around some Meggys 8)

I live on Sydney North side and would be much interested in coming along to meet some Meggys. I have been used to going on drives with Golf's. Do you have any events planned? :)

welcome .

i have an R26 . love it . traded my RSM 225 ph2 3 door on it . that was good but the R26 is great

Welcome (sort of) and best of luck with Hunt.

Most of us like the Meggy...for mutilple reasons.

My suggestions... drive one, and see what you think. Half the battle's done then.

Cheers,

WOLF

Seen Ol' Mates car in the flesh...

You'd be hard pressed finding a better one. :drool:

Quite a few Brisbane could testify to that... including Marek sitting in Ash's (Ol' Mates) original Clio 172.

Which is pretty much mint condition as well.

Cheers, and see you around.

WOLF

• 4 weeks later...

Aaah hey Kooki! Good luck finding an african one, just warning you how much of a pain they are to keep clean! Just be sure to avoid that one thats popped up on ebay from Menai (see the Megane II forum).

I'll be on the mkv cruise, hopefully youll come down with Rocco to see what an R26 can do in person :)

This is the car I am looking at. Is this the same as yours rob? If not what's the difference?

http://alturl.com/grg6

thats it identical and no doubt just as much fun .