Ex Renault 5 owner in Sydney

Toothman

Hello All,

Just thought I would introduce myself to the forum, originally from London, England but now live in Leichhardt after many years in Sydney. We've (the misses and I) been thinking of getting a second car (she want's me off my motorbike :wink:) as I'll need to shuffle the older kid around when the new one arrives. After hours of research I think I've pretty much settled on the Megane Sport 225; I used to be the proud owner of a Renault 5 GT Turbo a good few years back so have enjoyed what Renault have to offer. Just got to find one that is suitable as I've been procrastinating for a while (and missed a couple of bargains in the process :(). I like the look of the Blood Orange one that is on CarSales at the moment in Sydney but my wife told me "she couldn't drive an orange car" :roll:, I'll definitely post some details when I finally get one.

Cheers,

Toothman

Welcome! Good luck with the search. The orange is a stunning colour - let her see it sparkle in the sunlight and she will change her mind :wink:

Pics when you get one!

Thanks guys, I do think I need to get her to see one in the flesh and maybe she'll change her mind. Unfortunately we only ever seem to see the blue ones when I'm with her :roll:, there was even a blue one parked pretty much outside my house last night which I had a good look at; was waiting for the owner to come and confront me :mrgreen:

Cheers.

i'm more than happy to showoff my orange beast to help convince her :wink:

Surely you'd get arrested for that Brenda? :wink:

Not exactly a huge choice of colours here in Oz. Black, Blue, Silver, Red, Orange.... I think the Blood Orange is a more unique colour than the others.

Ask your wife if she's up for Liquid Yellow!(then tell her it is the colour of this year's Renault F1 car)

I used to drive an R5 GTE, the non-turbo 1.7l version of your old car. When I moved to Australia, I bought a 225 Megane. It's not really similar, but it's Renault and it's awesome, and I'm pretty sure you'd be happy with it. I sure am. =)