New to Renault Sport

repas225cup

welcome to the forum mate :)

you can get some parts from Australia, quite limited though, our forum sponsors Juice Motorsport and Wolf can help, check out the commercial section.

Otherwise its pretty much looking to the UK

As for tuning, you will either have to look at RS Tuning UK or Fastchip (netherlands). Oh, you could also get the powerchip i spose.

Cheers.

Brendan

Yeh knew they were popular up north when i brought it

just thought the aussie aftermarket scene would be a bit bigger (comin from subaru which has more products then you can poke a stick at)

with the powerchip (never heard of it) is it a chip which is specific to the megane or not

and what are the gains like

Welcome to the forum from another WA RSM owner. Hopefully you can make it along to one of our drive days. We are also planning an AHG track day soon.

Cheers,

Justin.

Hi Repas,

Welcome aboard. Good luck on your searches, and very nice upgrade. Outside of here, Meganes tend to be under rated. Glad you've experienced it for yourself.

Cheers.

WOLF

Not sure I would say underrated wolf. I have been doing a bit of reading into them of late, and in pretty much every test featuring an RS meggy, the outcome is Meggy is the winner our heart(Drivers) GTI is winner of mind(sensible)

True, but to be clear, i meant most of the locals and car minded. Some still don't even know that Renault has a SPORT devision, let alone Meganes and Clios. At best, thy would ask me about my 172 and say "is that the V6 version?".

Hence why said outside of here. Not so much the professional media etc.

But glad the Motor press and TV programs like Top Gear and Fifth gear may get Renault the attention it deserves here in OZ.

WOLF

Welcome! Hope you find the forum helpful.

I agree with Wolf that the general motoring public are only just starting to cotton on to Renaultsports. I've been asked several times if my 182 is "the one with the V6". How do people know about these and not the normal Sport!

Cheers,

Alex

thanks guys

Yeah ive seen the clio v6 on top gear and stuff like that, absolute beast :drool: . its a shame there is none over here (correct me if im wrong, but ive never seen one)

And i know what you are saying in terms of the megane being under rated a lot of people dont even know about it, though some of the reviews on the net are very complimentary to the car like this one

http://www.webwombat.com.au/motoring/ne ... review.htm

talking about underated still went for a few test drives before getting the megane including the vz SS (was never gonna buy one just wanted to see what it was like) and the dealer who came with me asked what i had driven before i told him a gti and a megane rs 225 cup and he had no idea what the cup was

must say out of the three test the megane was the best by a country mile such an awesome car :hail:

• 4 weeks later...

The V6 Clio had the Rnault Laguna engine mounted in the rear and had only two seats. It was never introduced to the market here in Australia. The market down here is far too small for Renault to consider such a move. Of the 4.27 Million Renault vehicles sold globally each year, only approximately 4,100 units are sold in Australia. To the French, the market here in Australia is a nusiance more than one to be considered serious enough to provide every model that's available in Europe. I was in Latvia the other year and they have double the choice of models than we do here in Australia. What this means though, is that the people smart enough to choose a Renault will be the only ones to get to appreciate the Renault product for what it is and enjoy the secret of there purchase for themselves. Regards, Megane Pilot

The market down here is far too small for Renault to consider such a move.

Actually, they did. Quite seriously. It was proposed under the 100 vehicles or less don't need compliancing scheme (whatever it was called), but the numbers couldn't be made to stack up. Prices were projected to be in the region of $80k should it have eventuated.

i understand why Renault wouldn't want to bring the Clio V6 over here, though its great that a couple of boys have imported the v6's.

is Renault's little popularity due to average marketing or what.

Also im wondering whats the go on club drive days in WA are there many members from WA, (visited the french car day cause one of my mates loves his pugs and i saw some very nice Clio's and Meggy's are any of those owners members)

Hi Alex,

Yep, I sure am. I had my 2 RSM's there and a couple of others also. It has always been hard to get local RS'ers out for a drive day but we will most likely organise one in Feb or around then. They are usually done with the Aussiefrogs members to boost numbers. We have had anywhere from 3 cars to 14 and everything in between. We have also discussed doing another AHG track day. Be great to see you along.

Cheers,

Justin.

Here are some pics from previous days.....

AFDriveDay044.jpg

AFDriveDay26042009051.jpg

AFDriveDay26042009057.jpg

AFDriveDay26042009066.jpg

AFDDJune09014.jpg

AFDriveDayJune08053.jpg